Tamiya Panther

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Re: Tamiya Panther

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Now THAT is one splendid bit of modeling, Eddy. Actually, both are! There are a lot of baited breaths out here waiting to see this kitty in full color livery, though I agree with others who've said it's a shame to have to paint over such beautiful work.
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Only thing missing from this ride is the LED lights glowing under the hull and fluffy dice hanging from a mirror !! :D

Could I trouble you for a close up or three of the MG mount on the cupola please Mr K.............

I keep expecting 'X-ibit' to pop out & yell "pimp my ride" :haha: :haha:
Hi!
Here You are:

EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Marco Peter wrote:Stunnig!

I dare you to make a count what you spent on this baby haha, the exhausts are a fortune alone, let alone everything else!

Really looking forward to seeing this beauty in it's new colors, have you decided on the paint scheme yet?
Thanks, but no! My wife sometimes is looking over my shoulder at this forum... :-)))
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

c.rainford73 wrote:Just need some chrome road wheelsImage Seriously a really beautiful piece of armour!
Thanks!
You couldn't imagine how close You're to the truth...
I still couldn't forgive myself that I've lost aprox year ago an opportunity to buy this kit... :-((((

EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

SCHWEREPANZER wrote:Now THAT is one splendid bit of modeling, Eddy. Actually, both are! There are a lot of baited breaths out here waiting to see this kitty in full color livery, though I agree with others who've said it's a shame to have to paint over such beautiful work.
Thank You very much!
I'll leave it unpainted for some longer time! ;-)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes indeed it looks like a highly engineered piece of machinery like a beautiful Swiss watch interior
Tanks alot.... :wave:
ConcreteTurtle
Recruit

Post by ConcreteTurtle »

Late to the party on this thread, but magnificent work EddyK!
Really gives motivation to go that extra yard on detail.

Do you use any photoetch tools when working with it? Anything you find particularly useful in getting those accurate folds?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Stunning work eddy! Forgive this slight river counter intrusion but on the real thing the mg34s used were the armoured barrel variety.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

tomhugill wrote:Stunning work eddy! Forgive this slight river counter intrusion but on the real thing the mg34s used were the armoured barrel variety.

The armoured barrel used for anti-aircraft protection was the ball gun remounted on the cupola. According to http://www.panther1944.de/index.php/en/ ... bewaffnung this was done during administrative movement or railway transport . At this time the ball gun would not be required. I would suggest that in battle conditions, the cupola gun was an additional weapon and therefore just as likely to be a standard gun.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
tomhugill wrote:Stunning work eddy! Forgive this slight river counter intrusion but on the real thing the mg34s used were the armoured barrel variety.

The armoured barrel used for anti-aircraft protection was the ball gun remounted on the cupola. According to http://www.panther1944.de/index.php/en/ ... bewaffnung this was done during administrative movement or railway transport . At this time the ball gun would not be required. I would suggest that in battle conditions, the cupola gun was an additional weapon and therefore just as likely to be a standard gun.
The tank carried two mg34, both armoured barrelled, Scalawag did a good write up on this a couple years ago
Last edited by tomhugill on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”