Another one Fury

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
EddyK
Sergeant

Another one Fury

Post by EddyK »

Hello, gentlemen!
So it happens, that I bought another American tank. It's partly built Tamiya Sherman with Mato turret. And I decided to try to make the Fury so close to the movie tank as I could:

Nick's resin and tracks like in the movie:

Some bits from the Schumo kits:

Some soldering and scratch as always:

jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Another one Fury

Post by jtracks »

Following along.
Joe
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

yep luvin this build. :clap:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: More! Slightly confused by the 'Pershing' box, though, or is that just for storage? I know the Pershing and Sherman had quite a few parts in common...it made economic sense, but does that apply here too..transferrable parts, I mean?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
A lovely build, Eddy! I love the Schumo parts. 'Maxene' is festooned with them and they really add working realism. 43rd, yessir, many of the detail Schumo and Tamiya parts for the Sherman and Pershing can be used on either build.
regards and following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Thanks everyone for the comments!
43rdRecceReg wrote::thumbup: More! Slightly confused by the 'Pershing' box, though, or is that just for storage? I know the Pershing and Sherman had quite a few parts in common...it made economic sense, but does that apply here too..transferrable parts, I mean?
I bought these tracks from the Mitosal as Sherman tracks and they fit very good!
Yes, the Schumo parts seems just perfect! I bought some for the Panzer IV and they are excellent quality, too!!
Regards,
EddyK
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

This is going to be a good one...I just feel it :D ...Have to admit Eddie ...for a moment there...I thought this was a Frankie thread :haha: :haha:
Right up till the metal fenders...which made me HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think: ........... ;)

ALPHA
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Quality stuff going on Eddy. Will all the Tamiya gear fit in the turret?
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Ad Lav wrote:Quality stuff going on Eddy. Will all the Tamiya gear fit in the turret?
I think yes. There's only recoil unit missing, everything all is in it now...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

EddyK wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments!
43rdRecceReg wrote::thumbup: More! Slightly confused by the 'Pershing' box, though, or is that just for storage? I know the Pershing and Sherman had quite a few parts in common...it made economic sense, but does that apply here too..transferrable parts, I mean?
I bought these tracks from the Mitosal as Sherman tracks and they fit very good!
Yes, the Schumo parts seems just perfect! I bought some for the Panzer IV and they are excellent quality, too!!
Regards,
EddyK
Thanks for clearing that one up, Eddy, Painless, and Maj.General Ubiquitous! I guess I shall have to get, or build, a Sherman sometime..but it MUST be Firefly compliant though.. ;) and I really must try these schumo speciality parts, when I do. :thumbup: What a difference they make, eh? I shall follow your progress with great interest, Eddy. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”