Tamiya-Tiger I early vehicle

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Tamiya-Tiger I early vehicle

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello tankers,

I have started to build some time ago, but now would like to present here the building report.

It has always been my desire to provide a Tamiya Tiger I with some tags on the chains.
Gradually, I have vers. Concerned components and had the good fortune in the summer
still a virgin kit of the object model to bekommen.Wie many are there know many of the necessary parts included for an early execution.

As my english is not very good, I will show you many pictures of the remodeling and construction show.

I wanted to replace the entire suspension and installing quite different as you know from Tamiya .

The first change to the lower hull rebuild the holder

Because I want to install a real working suspension, I copy the dimensions of the Tamiya part on 10x10 aluminum square. In this camp, the swing arms are guided play.

To drill much as you can see, but the result zählt.Diese type of thrust bearing I have ever made ??for a friend, so basically nothing new.

Again, I'm working on the premise that it is intended that all can be removed again and it should find use standard parts which can also be once again make later.

The rocker arms themselves must werden.Dazu accordingly rebuilt I have first sawed-drilled and used a steel axle.

As already mentioned, I turn to the storage of the arms and the rocker arms themselves.

In order to process the camp, I got myself a workpiece Done In what I can tighten the bearings

]Image

And so it looks to the sample also assembled, all I'm going to repeat it 15 times and then goes further.

Now we continue with installation of manufactured parts......

then made ??also a chain tensioner which you can set by maintenance hatches

the wheels I have fitted with ball bearings.......

Now the suspension is completed and installed.

Time to install the gearbox.

I can buy a used Marcel-Rientjes last year
. It was not in good condition, so I have renewed all axes and of course a new output shaft inserted from my shop.
The two gearbox halves, I have bolted to box sections, so I have always clearly aligned gear,
the front pieces are build by Profesionalkits, currently sold Chris these parts.

Then I have installed by Marcel Rientjes the outriggers with ball bearings.

as a splash guard I have brought material of packaging with a hair dryer in the form.

I begin with the construction of the Aber- etch parts on the Lowerhull........

the work actually went very fast, the fenders will probably need a bit longer :{

In the tub I have stably incorporated a servo in the meantime, and a further strengthening of aluminum.
Provided with threads and screwed from below.....

To be continued......

Regards,Guido ;)
Last edited by Guido Henn on Thu May 15, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tamiya-Tiger I early vehicle

Post by jarndice »

When I left school and before I joined the army I was apprenticed to a tool maker, I found I was in the company of a man who was revered by other engineer's as the best of the best, I know I disappointed him at the beginning but long since his passing my regard for toolmakers has never dimmed and here Guido is showing why such people are so admired by their peers. I love this kind of detail and the original approach to the work, this is why going off on a tangent I have such affection for ALPHA's work.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

smoking stuff, will follow With eager.
Drammen Rock City
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I am fascinated by the intricacy of the hull and suspension build. Makes me wonder if Tamiya is just given to this sort of passion to make the tank as real world as possible.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello,

Thanks to both of you for the comment. :{

but now on, here is the state of affairs has not been reached.......

here i had build the two front fender from Aber,it is the wrong screw i know,but the right ones are coming these days i hope-

and here is my attempt to create ropes of brass wire :{

I have to put my wife something from her knitting equipment :S

and here I start to built mounts for the cables.......

That's it for today, I will continue to report.......

Regards,Guido ;)
Last edited by Guido Henn on Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

wow thats looks great guido
dave :thumbup:
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Amazing work Guido!!!! That suspension looks like something that could have rolled out of the Ferrari plant.
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello Men,

thanks for your comments.

that could have rolled out of the Ferrari plant.
Oh no, that must not be.
But a runway towards Moscow but should be passable :crazy:

Regards,Guido ;)
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

Wow. I feel completely inadequate seeing your conversion. I've just started on the same kit but a full option 56010 (oddly it has the same gearboxes from the Tiger II and a newer speaker), will be doing the mud guards tomorrow.

Couple of questions: how did you get your PE front fenders to attach? I'm slightly apprehensive about using PE fenders on the front. The tank will be a 'runner' so I'm leaving off the rear fenders as they always get knocked (all my tanks have had them damaged over time!) and the fronts I'm worried they'll sheer off through vibration if just glued. Are yours physically connected to the hull?

Also how are you attaching the mounts for the cable holders to the side of the tank? CA glue? Epoxy? Again, I'm concerned they'll sheer off through vibration when it runs.

I'll be following this thread eagerly so I can pick up some tips, you're workmanship is excellent!
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello,

i will bend the front fenders by hand later, it should be a used Fahrzeuug. I have donated the fender and then bonded with adhesive 2k with the component.
You can fold up the fender but that is only the small holders are connected to the vehicle.

So i'll have no fear that I shall lose the parts in the field.

I have also made ??it to the brackets of the ropes that may be pictures to follow so that everyone can take a picture.

The kind with the split pins should I do if all PE parts, so I have the security is lost nothing at the first touch.

Sorry for my bad english,but if the fotos are ready to post,you'll see what is to do.

Regards,Guido ;)

Return to “Tamiya Builds”