TAMIYA King Tiger E75ish

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: TAMIYA King Tiger E75ish

Post by HERMAN BIX »

With what you achieved with your Jagdpanther, this will come good in no time .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Thank you fellas ! I enjoy this part of the process. You get to spend time getting to know the model and becomes more of a bond with it as silly as that sounds.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

LordPanzer wrote:Thank you fellas ! I enjoy this part of the process. You get to spend time getting to know the model and becomes more of a bond with it as silly as that sounds.

No silly to me mate, thats also my take on them.
I had one of all I have done that at the time, did not give me the right 'feeling'
Yes, it turned out ok(ish) but the end result was not as satisfying as others before or since.

I guess its like kids...................your not supposed to have a favourite, but, you just do :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Filling and sanding is done for now. Up next are these nast thick dirty grease filled gears. Seems there is a bit of everything from grass, bugs and pet hair in there. Ewwww. Also the rear idler seems to be glued in place. Not sure why the previous owner had done that. Are these Tamiya King Tiger rear idler known for problems? I know I have seen the Henntec set ups. Are they truly worth the purchase? I have no experience with them other then a quick internet comment. What do you guys think ? ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Well this removal did not go as planned. After comparing options and shipping costs from Germany. I ordered a Henntec this afternoon from ETO. Not sure what the heck this blue glue was that he used but its a rock solid and made a mess of everything. ImageImageImage

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks like liquid thread lock.

Enjoying the build- carry on :)
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Gear sets have been cleaned and ready for duty! Will change over to XT60 When I get to the point of soldering the other electronics a bit later. Up next to tackle and clean the road wheels. Debating on On adding ball bearings in. Thoughts on using ball bearings verse the brass bushings?ImageImageImageImage

LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Now that the messy clean up on the gears are well behind me I turning my focus to adding in more defined flam cuts and weld seems while I wait for a few parts to arrive. I'm sure there are many ways to achieve this look but what has worked for me has been scribing out a area and back fill with 2 part epoxy putty. Then with hobby knife add small simulated weld marks.

Also received 3d printed range finders and metal track hangers in this week. Im thinking these metal hangers look a bit thick so may try to grind them down a bit before mounting them. And since this is a Tamiya kit the spare tracks sat on a little shelf with the hooks molded in which I have already removed. So need to go back and find the best references photos to reattach the hangers on this turret.Image

Also working with a 3d printer to adapt his files for a E75 mantlet to fit to the Tamiya barrel mount and retain recoil. WIP for sure !

[
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Love the mantlet - please let me know if it works with stock recoil.
I would like one too. :)
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Thanks! He is working on a new mounting piece as well so everything fits together perfectly :)Image

Return to “Tamiya Builds”