Tamiya Panther

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya Panther

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I don't want to open a huge can of worms, but as standard the Panther was fitted with 2 identical machine guns with armoured barrels, one in the ball mount, the other co-axial with the main gun. The one on the cupola makes 3. If you mount an armoured MG on the cupola, then that would mean omitting the ball gun, usually used by the radio operator. Who is to say that enterprising tank commanders did not obtain a 3rd gun for the cupola?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I don't want to open a huge can of worms, but as standard the Panther was fitted with 2 identical machine guns with armoured barrels, one in the ball mount, the other co-axial with the main gun. The one on the cupola makes 3. If you mount an armoured MG on the cupola, then that would mean omitting the ball gun, usually used by the radio operator. Who is to say that enterprising tank commanders did not obtain a 3rd gun for the cupola?
Entirely possible I would say!
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Today I received the wheels I was looking after so long for my Panther. These are Asiatam metal wheels, extremely rare! :crazy:

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Wow, a pimped up Panther, just needs some sounds & some bitches lol
Looks brilliant!!!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Ooooh shiny, I like shiny :D looking great eddy, will look awesome when it's completed :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Outstanding detail Eddy - well done :D
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

These bolts on the wheels look fantastic.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Eddy almost a shame to paint it. It's so cool looking in its current "mechanical" condition. Quite beautiful
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Tamiya Builds”