New WPL truck...err tracked vehicle...

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

New WPL truck...err tracked vehicle...

Post by tankme »

Well, it's Russian and tracked so I guess I'm screwed. Already ordered one. The E1 is basically a GAZ-71/GT-SM. I keep telling myself not to buy new releases, but my "buy it now" blocker is broken...

https://www.wpl-rc.com/collections/late ... cts/e1-rtr
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: New WPL truck...err tracked vehicle...

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh, heck, mine broke when I was about 12 years old. What is that tracked thing anyway? Is it a Russian/Chinese APC? And what about the truck/trailer it is shown loaded on? Hmm...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice find. Nice for the price :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I found this on the WPL web site: it's actually a photo taken in a Trek Bicycle Shop, but it shows a great sense of humor: https://www.wpl-rc.com/products/custom- ... our-spouse

Trek Bicycles are made here in Wisconsin, USA, and are both popular and expensive (especially with shortages brought on by Covid). I bought one early last year: fortunately my sweetheart was with me--heck, she encouraged me. (Hmm... Maybe she wants to bump off this old guy.)
tankme

Post by tankme »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Oh, heck, mine broke when I was about 12 years old. What is that tracked thing anyway? Is it a Russian/Chinese APC? And what about the truck/trailer it is shown loaded on? Hmm...
So it is a Russian GAZ-71 (civilian name) or called a GT-SM (military designation). It is an all purpose, amphibious tracked vehicle in real life used as a troop carrier (11 troops) or to tow a trailer/artillery. The folks from WPL said if it sells well they would consider selling the trailer. It was $66 US shipping included. Probably will ship in less than a week.
Derek
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Looks interesting. I hope WPL will continue developing other tracked vehicles like BMP.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Honestly more excited about this one: https://www.wpl-rc.com/collections/b36- ... 9877578786

It will look quite nice being towed by my New Holland...

Also - did you guys see the low loader that the GAZ was parked on in one of those pictures?
tankme

Post by tankme »

Tiger6 wrote:Honestly more excited about this one: https://www.wpl-rc.com/collections/b36- ... 9877578786

It will look quite nice being towed by my New Holland...

Also - did you guys see the low loader that the GAZ was parked on in one of those pictures?
They've been promising the BM-21 launcher for quite some time now, but it seems the E1 was also announced years ago. I guess we have to wait on the BM-21 and the lowboy trailer.
Derek
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Ours should arrive very soon, it looks like a capable and robust little tracked vehicle
Going to do a review and look at mods for it and some accessories to change it up a little.
Making it truly amphibious could be interesting, lets see
tankme

Post by tankme »

I've seen some interior shots of it today even though mine isn't here yet. Looks like a 180 motor upgrade will be in the cards for it.
Derek

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”