Lrdg truck ( Long Range Desert Group )

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Lrdg truck

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks jee :D it's still a work in progress but you get the idea of what can be made from the heng long and wpl trucks with a little bit of imagination and some modifications :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

I've just been made aware of these trucks and am amazed at how cheap they are which lends them perfectly for modification.
Nice work!

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Thanks jee :D it's still a work in progress but you get the idea of what can be made from the heng long and wpl trucks with a little bit of imagination and some modifications :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Yep, to be honest, I visit the forum almost every day, get new ideas and inspiration everyday and then run out of time, place to store and cash actually :D So, many ideas will stay as ideas for now unfortunately

Well, I think the idea of the LRDG is really nice and I will do it in the future I guess. But First go back home on Friday evening (working in Moscow at the moment) and then unpack the 3d printer that arrived today......
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Evening all,

Still been working away on this project, all the little details have taken some time coming together though but it's nearly there now. The build itself is complete, just needs some chipping and weathering along with the masking stencils ( courteous of Rad ) adding to call it finished :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Now that desert rat is cool--no, wait--hot! What wonders you have done with that ubiquitous truck. But wait a minute--the driver is on the wrong side! :P
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for the kind words professor :D I have enjoyed converting the standard offerings of these trucks into the vehicles that I've done, I think I'm up to 5 now based off of these :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh ??!............looks like this thing was working in the Moomba Oilfield !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Now that desert rat is cool--no, wait--hot! What wonders you have done with that ubiquitous truck. But wait a minute--the driver is on the wrong side! :P
The truck is American BUT it is in British army service so tough, :haha:
I know that unlike most British colonies because Napoleon got there first Egypt drives on the right :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

As Jarndice mentioned professor, the chevy although being an American built truck was in service with the British SAS Long range desert group ( LRDG ) hence the right hand side steering wheel, I wish it was still left hand drive though as it would have saved me the job of converting it over :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

by HERMAN BIX » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:23 am

Oh ??!............looks like this thing was working in the Moomba Oilfield !!
I'm not familiar with that place Herman :D does the truck or the personnel remind you of there ??? :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”