Twin wheel conversion

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
citroenzxdriver
Recruit

Twin wheel conversion

Post by citroenzxdriver »

Evening all, I'm in the process of upgrading a WPL B16 with the twin wheel conversion kit, I have previously done this on a JJRC Q6 Transporter.
I have bought a kit on Amazon thats come from China, unfortunatly they have sent the kit with that standard sized tyres that come on wagon from WPL and not the thiner "DAKA" ones that I've had before and what they advertised on Amazon, I'm now in the process of trying to sort this issue out with them, My question is has anyone come across any other tyres similar to the "DAKA" ones that will fit these wheels ? Iv've attched photos of my JJRC Q6 withe "DAKA" tyres, and a photo of the two types side by side

many thanks
Gary
Attachments
jjrc chassis2a.jpg
jjrc truck2.jpg
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Twin wheel conversion

Post by jarndice »

I bought a metal drive axle, a centre metal through axle and a metal steering axle I then separately bought a set of eight double wheels plus a matching pair of singles from Banggood for a 6x6 jjrc truck which came with matching tyres,
A search of the Banggood site might help,
By the way there is more than one way to assemble the dual wheels but only one way is right so don't lock, glue or in any way do anything you cannot change until you are quite sure you have them assembled correctly.
Trust me I spent a day and a long night working it out,
Of course there are no instructions.
EDIT,
Checked the Banggood site and this is what I bought under the following heading,
WPL Metal rc car wheel hub for WPL 6WD, B16, B36, JJRC Q60 rc car £40.39,

This includes postage.
I really do recommend this conversion,
It is as complete as you could wish including the correct size hex key and the DAKA tyres,
But as I said before do take care when assembling the hubs because it is as easy to get it wrong as it is to get it right.
BUT when you have got it right the tyres and hubs look really impressive. :thumbup:
Last edited by jarndice on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Twin wheel conversion

Post by Will01Capri »

I bought in a couple of kits recently, but hellish expensive
They are the only tyres of that size I have ever found for these trucks without getting custom printed ones
I would try to claim back from them as you would have overpaid compared to what you received
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”