Aec Matador build.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Aec Matador build.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Evening all,

I'd just like to share a couple of pics of a build that I have ongoing inbetween the backlog of other builds that I already have :/ the chassis and axles are once again from the wpl line of trucks, the rest is mostly scratch built from styrene, wood and brass with a couple of 3D printed pieces thrown in for good measure. There's a few smaller details to add yet before I get to the filling and priming stage though. It has servo steering and runs off a 30amp esc with a 2s lipo, it will also have a truck sound module fitted and hopefully working headlights. The first couple of pics are of its progress so far and the rest are pics that I found online of which I have based this build on and what It will hopefully turn out like :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Aec Matador build.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Super cool toy. I love to see new things!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Most excellent Lee :thumbup: :clap:

My favourite looking truck :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Rad, I do like building my support vehicles as you know :thumbup:

There is something special looking about it Mick, I like the flat faced front of it, almost like a British Bulldog :D

Cheers, Lee.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes, it is the front that "does" it. It looks more period to me, and it's a truck I've been fond of since I was Airfix kit building in my single digit years.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An admirable, and beautifully built piece of nostalgia, Lee. :clap: That snub-nosed truck was still a familiar sight in the 1950s, when I was into Corgi and Matchbox toys. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Roy, wasn't it Dinky that made one :think:

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Roy, funnily enough, while I was doing some research for the build at work ( honestly boss I am working :haha: ) a work colleague of mine mentioned that his Dad used to work at a local garage back in the 60's and that they had a converted matador as their tow truck, looks like it had it's uses well after the war :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Roy, wasn't it Dinky that made one :think:
It could well be, Mick. I was just indicating an interest in model vehicles of the time, citing two desirable popular brands. I only had a few battered models (hand me downs from my brother), but looked with envy at the kids who had enough pocket money to indulge themselves in actual collections. :| :shh:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Thank you Roy, funnily enough, while I was doing some research for the build at work ( honestly boss I am working :haha: ) a work colleague of mine mentioned that his Dad used to work at a local garage back in the 60's and that they had a converted matador as their tow truck, looks like it had it's uses well after the war :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
My Dad and his Brother had a coal business for a while, after being demobbed. If I recall correctly, they used a converted matador for haulage. :D

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”