Aec Matador build.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Aec Matador build.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

You know me only to well Will :D what can I say, I get easily distracted :/ to be honest there's only a couple of little jobs that need finishing before I paint it so you may see it completed in the near future, if it's any consolation I did manage to put some decals on my dukw build though :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have fond and not so fond memories of the Bedford RL but I don't think I have ever seen a !/16 "S" Type cab which is a great pity because I should like to add at least one RL to my fleet of trucks although not the early one which shorted the battery whenever someone sat on the passengers seat.(The battery was under the seat covered by a steel plate!!!)
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Model Builder 4 wrote:You know me only to well Will :D what can I say, I get easily distracted :/ to be honest there's only a couple of little jobs that need finishing before I paint it so you may see it completed in the near future, if it's any consolation I did manage to put some decals on my dukw build though :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
I was desperately hoping that your "Duck Build" was going to have the word Platypus worked into the end of the sentence :haha: :haha: :lolno: :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Well my comment is a simple one.

I like it and I want one
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah, Jarndice, you quack me up! :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Morning all,

Thought it was time for a bit of an update on this build. Been working on some of the smaller details along with making some wooden benches for the troops in the back. Just started to paint the figures, only block painted the faces in at the moment so skin tones and eyes to do next, there's 7 figures to paint on this build so it should be fun :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Looking great! Nice to see some interesting and rare soft skins.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Kaczor :D this vehicle certainly had a special look about it, every army needs support so vehicles like this brings interest to the battlefield :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

It has such a distinctive "so ugly that it's beautiful" appearance of British military vehicles ;)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I have one solitary WPL truck, Lee. Seeing what you've done here- much of it below the RCTW radar-makes me think about a future Matador conversion :think: ( with a flourish of a cape and sword :D ). A question for you: did you alter the chassis at all, or is it a bog-standard WLP unit (dimensionally, etc.,)? :)
Roy
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”