Aec Matador build.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Aec Matador build.

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I want one of these
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Add it to your list of growing projects EB as I did :D :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A timber company in the village had half a dozen ex Army Matadors right into the early 60s with the body stripped off and a towering "A" frame mounted and a most impressive drum winch instead.
They would tow long skeleton twin axle draw bar trailers with felled logs chained down on them.
The drivers did not care for them in the winter because though they would go anywhere they had no creature comforts at all.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I think quite a lot of these trucks were utilized one way or another after the war jarndice, I remember watching a programme years ago presented by Mark Evans ( can't remember the name of it though :eh: ) where he helped restore one of these that had been laying idle in the woods on a farm that it once worked. The really interesting part was seeing how these trucks were put together and what was involved to restore it, the guy even made new timber cab framework for it from individual pieces as the original had rotted away over the years. I believe it can still be found on YouTube although it would look somewhat dated now but still worth a watch in my opinion :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Bloody good looking truck, its a really nice piece you have put together as usual Lee
Be epic once completed :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Trouble is MB4 this list just seems to keep growing and I already have 4 projects on the go. Granted 3 are tanks but I guess I could buy another truck and start playing around with the cad thing I downloaded
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I remember having the air fix version a million years ago !
Think it was towing a 5.5 inch gun ?
A place I worked once had a Matador in the yard, ran sort of but was in a bad way. Was in the middle of dozens of RL Bedfords !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Will :D as you've most probably spotted, the build adorns some of your 3D printed wizarding skills once again :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

That's a curse of building models EB, I always try to convince myself that before starting another build I would finish my current one, unfortunately this rarely seems to happen :/ I usually get it to about 80% completion then something else catches my eye :D maybe one day I'll get my act together and stick to my plan ;) but then I think, where's the fun in that :thumbup:

Yes Herman, I think you're are correct with the 5.5 inch gun, I've noticed the majority of the smaller scale models usually come with some sort of artillery in tow. I did consider it but as I already have the 25pdr and limber with the Morris quad tractor ( which is a nightmare to manoeuvre @) ) so I think this one will just be for troop transport. I'm working on a couple of figures already that you can just about see riding in the back of the truck, they are needing an heck of a lot of work though as there's a very limited number of British figures available especially in any suitable pose that was required, these two figures are each made up of roughly four different scavenged parts already from other figures so a real cut and shut job :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Heres a question, did you manage to finish the Matador ;)
Or are you still being distracted with other builds hahhaa
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”