Metal axle kit.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Metal axle kit.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know if there is an internal metal axle kit available for the 6x6 jjrc q60 military truck. I have seen the actual metal axle units available but not the internals, shaft/gears etc as that's all im after, I'd appreciate any info or links,

Cheers,Lee
ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Metal axle kit.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

There is this kit that I know of Lee.

Although it's only for a 4x4, I haven't seen a kit like this for a 6x6

WPL me<x>tal OP Accessory For 1/16 4WD RC Car Parts Sale - Banggood Mobile
https://m.banggood.com/WPL-me%3Cx%3Etal ... rehouse=CN

Here's a video about it so you can see what you get.

Watch "WPL 1/16 Metal Upgrade Set: Axles & Driveshafts" on YouTube
phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Mick, I'll take a look, from a quick glance they seem to look the same as for the heng long trucks, I'm not sure if the jjrc axles may be different inside ( I've not opened one up yet ) :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Thank you Mick, I'll take a look, from a quick glance they seem to look the same as for the heng long trucks, I'm not sure if the jjrc axles may be different inside ( I've not opened one up yet ) :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
You're welcome Lee. Sadly I've only come across that one. I thought I would add the video so you could see what the intended axles looked like. It's through the video I found the seller, they have a link below.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Wpl and JJ RC trucks do not have the same axle. The wpl is a straight through axle, while the jjrc is a true differential. I was under the impression that the jjrc axles already contain metal gears.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Gary, yes the axles do look different, I was hoping to get an upgrade set for the jjrc as I already have a set of these fitted, I think that on the metal axle upgrade set they do come with metal gears but I don't think that the hex hubs to attach the wheels to are metal, at least on mine they are plastic ??? :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Will to the rescue....
I have all the various metal axle.kits available and you have to be careful. But nothing yet for jjrc axles. They are plastic.
They are good, but when using alot if torque the pinion deflects in the plastic bushings and slips.on the gears. I have yet to try, but I reckon if the bushings replaced with metal bearings then some flex can be removed and they will take more grunt. But the plastic pinion will be weak link as it pressed onto a knurled shaft. It's quite thin aswell.
The metal axle kits for wpl axles come in different sizes and forms. Do not get the front dog bone type as they vary hugely and some don't work at all. You need the in style front axle setup, but the plastic axle needs mod.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

They do have 6x6 setups and there are different types on centre axle.
Some are the stock setup, but they wind up with torque and flex too much on the stock suspension. But they also do a pass thru setup which stops the axle windup when torque applied. Much better.
I am still working on my own axle design to use metal upgrade kits but have variable widths. But my axles are going to be 1 piece not split. I have found a open diff aswell I plan to try out which is metal and for a other small.rc crawler.
By the way the axles in the jjrc jeeps are properly strong. Plastic internals and I run dual 180 motors and they have not stripped after loads abuse. But they are not open diff.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for the info Will :D I will take a closer look at them and see if I can upgrade with bearings etc :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”