Kaiser M35A2.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
jarndice
Colonel

Kaiser M35A2.

Post by jarndice »

I typed into my Bing search engine "M35A2 Military Truck Specifications" and there are pages of photographs,
I was not expecting the WPL/Heng Long Truck to be particularly close to the prototype but it actually is very close,
There is so much variety in the trucks on the site that the only obvious common denominator was the wrong position of the front bumper tow shackles,
Everything else can be found if you keep on scrolling through.
For instance the WPL rear tailgate is a three panel affair and I had serious doubts that it was correct but it actually is and the front wing/fender indicators which look wrong are to be found on a lot of photographs looking just as wrong but large as life,
Cab mods abound with air cleaners and without air cleaners, with back of cab vertical twin exhaust stacks and single bonnet/hood vertical exhaust stack,
Front bumpers with the central droop on the top of the bumper or on the bottom,
4 and 5 side panel truck load bodies, Cab roof mounted MGs in a skeleton cupola,
Most National insignia "Stars etc are white but there are some in the WPL black on the doors and tailgate,
Many of the M35A2s are single rear wheel configuration, doubles are about equal in numbers on the rear axle and the truck really does sit high on its suspension.
It is dying for a glazed windscreen/shield and a decent paint job but externally there really is not that much to be done unless you have a specific modification in mind,
Certainly you are spoiled for choice if that is what you want to do .
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Kaiser M35A2.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

That is very interesting, even found a stretched one that would work on a 6x6 chassis with the centre axle removed to make it 4x4.

Another one for Will to make lol.

Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:That is very interesting, even found a stretched one that would work on a 6x6 chassis with the centre axle removed to make it 4x4.

Another one for Will to make lol.

Already made one, checkout the HL truck build, we have a SWB Crew Cab, we are also building a LWB stretched chassis Version also, but i already designed and 3D printed the crew cab add on ;) haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:I typed into my Bing search engine "M35A2 Military Truck Specifications" and there are pages of photographs,
I was not expecting the WPL/Heng Long Truck to be particularly close to the prototype but it actually is very close,
There is so much variety in the trucks on the site that the only obvious common denominator was the wrong position of the front bumper tow shackles,
Everything else can be found if you keep on scrolling through.
For instance the WPL rear tailgate is a three panel affair and I had serious doubts that it was correct but it actually is and the front wing/fender indicators which look wrong are to be found on a lot of photographs looking just as wrong but large as life,
Cab mods abound with air cleaners and without air cleaners, with back of cab vertical twin exhaust stacks and single bonnet/hood vertical exhaust stack,
Front bumpers with the central droop on the top of the bumper or on the bottom,
4 and 5 side panel truck load bodies, Cab roof mounted MGs in a skeleton cupola,
Most National insignia "Stars etc are white but there are some in the WPL black on the doors and tailgate,
Many of the M35A2s are single rear wheel configuration, doubles are about equal in numbers on the rear axle and the truck really does sit high on its suspension.
It is dying for a glazed windscreen/shield and a decent paint job but externally there really is not that much to be done unless you have a specific modification in mind,
Certainly you are spoiled for choice if that is what you want to do .
Totally agree, which is why we keep designing new versions of these trucks

The thing to bear in mind is the fact that many sold off to private individuals who have modified to their own spec for offroading and other uses, others have copied and then almost made non-standard a standard way of owning one of these vehicles haha
You can get away with doing anything and actually someone out there has probably already done in 1:1 scale! lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”