Morris Quad C8 FAT.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Morris Quad C8 FAT.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

This is a little build I've been working on, it's a 3D printed shell with the base from an heng long 4x4 truck. The shell is designed by our very own wibblywobbly ( Rob ) and was purchased and downloaded from his Pinshape page, it was kindly printed for me yet again by midlife306 ( Wayne ) here on the forum, A big thank you to both for helping me out with this project. I've still got to add a couple of small details and finish the paint work as it's only had a base coat so far. The truck has had metal axel internals fitted along with brass gears, it's got a micro servo for the steering and runs off a 30amp esc with a sound unit and 2s lipo battery. I scratch built the cab base to fit everything inside and managed to use the original h/l seats and dashboard for it, the limber is also totally built from scratch using plasticard and bits from the spares box, the pictures show it as it arrived and where I'm at with it today, hope you like it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: Morris Quad C8 FAT.

Post by square4 »

Liking it, and good to see a different type of vehicle :thumbup:
I never finish anyth
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Extremely innovative use of the WPL bits. It came out looking great!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks square4, I decided on this vehicle as I have quite a few US and German one's but no British, I'm currently building an m4a1desert Sherman so wanted something to go alongside it :thumbup:

Thank you painless very much appreciated mate :thumbup: yes these little truck's have come in very useful, I had to shorten the chassis quite a bit but it's a good base to start from and with a bit of work can be made into some nice looking vehicles :D

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Mick :thumbup: the figure is actually a German driver I had spare so I made him into the tractor driver with a milliput helmet , perhaps that's why he doesn't look best pleased :haha: you can't see a lot of him through the windows to be fair so that should hide his sour puss :D

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

A couple of more pics showing the earlier work on the morris quad, and alongside its desert partner the m4a1 Sherman work in progress :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for looking in Eastern front :thumbup: I may add the 25pdr gun at a later date :D I've been practising reversing with just the limber and that's an handful :crazy: so goodness help me with the gun in tow also :haha:

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Admirable project, Lee. This is just the sort of handiwork we've seen from Alwyn in the past, and a worthy effort at that . (Sorry about that..it's beginning to sound like a school report :lolno: :haha: )
The 25- pounder was a brilliant artillery piece; one of the best ever made, and that also explains its service longevity. It'll be good to see it attached to your old Morris. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Roy :thumbup: I looked in at Alwyns 1/10 build I think it was when I was planning mine , very impressive at that scale .The Morris Quad and limber at 1/16 measures 16 inches in length and I imagine with the gun it's going to be around the 2ft mark , better give me a wide berth :D I'll need some long vehicle training before being let loose on the battlefield :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Smashing work Lee! Great job bringing it to life.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”