Morris Quad C8 FAT.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Morris Quad C8 FAT.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks Adam, appreciated mate :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

In one of the photos it looks like you have an issue with the length of the driveshaft. Did you sort that out? Maybe move the motor box forward and shorten the front drive shaft? It's a really great looking quad, and I'd love to see video of it. And maybe some photos of the final underside? And I like the driver. Good job on the helmet, you can't even tell he used to be on the other side. :haha: Where did you get him? These WPL/JJRC trucks have really taken off, but there's a definite shortage of good drivers. I guess even in scale, good help is hard to find, eh? :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Looks really good. Nice work.
Really smart build
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Gary appreciate you looking in bud :thumbup: it's actually only front wheel drive now, in the earlier build pics I just hadn't removed the rear shafts, as in Rob's original build it proved difficult as the chassis needs to be shortened quite a bit to get the wheelbase that's needed, moving the motor housing so the front and rear shafts would be equal was a thought that both Rob and I had but the angle of them coming from the transfer case to the motor would be too excessive and they just wouldn't run smoothly, In the end I opted to go with front wheel drive over rear as it zips about and I didn't want it popping wheelies like at the start of a drag race if it were rear wheel drive :haha: The driver figure I've used was from a set of 3 panzer iii crew member's I had, he was sitting partly out of the side hatch doors, I removed his cap and replaced it with an helmet and sanded the jacket sleeves down so they would represent bare arm's :D

Hi Will thanks for the comments :thumbup: these trucks are good fun to modify as can be seen from your excellent builds, some really inspirational work you've got going on there :D

Cheers, Lee.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Looks brilliant Lee
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Wayne, appreciative of your help as always mate :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Thanks to Rob too for the design & him allowing me to pass the print on to you
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks for the info, Lee. I have the quad on my list to build, and maybe I'll try the dual motor set up instead of the front wheel drive. I just need to find a good, cheap ESC that can handle a 3S lipo to get the needed speed from the little N20 motors.

So does anyone have a good stl file for a 17 pounder? @) :haha: 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:Thanks for the info, Lee. I have the quad on my list to build, and maybe I'll try the dual motor set up instead of the front wheel drive. I just need to find a good, cheap ESC that can handle a 3S lipo to get the needed speed from the little N20 motors.

So does anyone have a good stl file for a 17 pounder? @) :haha: 8)
Been looking for decent files. But I think I going try buy 1/35 kits. Measure them and scale up.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I use a 2s lipo on my set-up Gary with a 30amp esc, it runs pretty good using the stock motor, it's proportional acceleration so it will go as slow or as fast as your trigger finger :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”