Tank Transporters

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Taffytank
Recruit

Tank Transporters

Post by Taffytank »

Hi does anyone know where I can purchase a tank transporter in 1/16 scale preferably to carry a Challenger 2 tank , thanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tank Transporters

Post by jarndice »

There is a Tank transporter Trailer in 1/16 out there it goes for about £1100 :lolno: Seriously,
A lot of people buy a "Bruder" Trailer and modify it, :thumbup:
You can get one for under £30 which is a bit more bearable.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Here is a converted Bruder with a WPL Ural truck. Probably a little short for a Chally but you can give it a go.
Attachments
img_2015.jpg
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Eastern Front wrote:Here is a good place to start

https://afv-model.com

Cheers!
If you've a large fortune to spend!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Here's my B-16 hauling my Sherman on a Bruder trailer.

phpBB [video]
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

If you are thinking about using a Bruder trailer, you might consider splicing two of them together. You can buy them pretty cheaply as spare parts from Bruder: http://www.bruderservice.com/ Basic color varies with the type of tractor. Volvo and Mack are red, while Mercedes and Scania are yellow, (which probably doesn't really matter as you are going to paint it, anyway. However, I like the idea of using a red trailer to start with, so that if the paint DOES rub off, it'll look somewhat like primer).

I have seen builds that change the number of axles anywhere from the stock 3 to 4, 5 or 6. Two trailers also gives you the option of making a longer bed to fit whatever tank length you need, and I even saw a build where the guy extended the length of the gooseneck to accommodate a 4-axle SLT-type tractor.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Only trouble I find with Bruda, the trailers aren't wide enough for modern armour.
Nothing a little scratchbuilding won't fix. What are you, a modeler? Or a baby? :D
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Q: How do you make a small fortune out of 1/16th Tank building ?

A: Start with a large one . :S
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
trickymc1r
Recruit

Post by trickymc1r »

Though this might be of interest to someone.

http://www.acbruderspares.co.uk/how-to- ... t-1-1.html
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Well that's a great heads up especially if all you want is a longer trailer but to carry a modern MBT it needs to be widened as well as massively beefed up
I have tried to modify a pair of Bruder low loader trailers and the biggest problem in my experience is the Plastic that Bruder use is very brittle,
Carrying a JJRC 6 wheeler is no problem but a fully loaded (sic) PZ4 asks a lot from it,
It is after all a cheap (£30-ish) childs toy.
The lack of any sort of suspension is another weak point.
My solution is I fear a trifle too extreme for some,
An HG 802 8 wheeled r/c 1/12 articulated truck and an HG 806 r/c 1/12 Multi-Axle Trailer,
Both items are nearly all metal and electronics but that brings an inevitable downside and that is the approx £800 price for the two items but the truck does include a multi-channel transmitter and receiver :lolno:
The trailer can be bought fully assembled or save £60 and buy the kit, (Doddle to assemble)
The 1/12 scale is not as far out as it might seem,
My 1/16 Heng Long M1A1 Version 6.0 Abrams looks just right riding on the trailer whereas it is massively oversized in the presence of the 1/16 Bruder trailer.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”