Tank Transporters

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tank Transporters

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

For me I will likely use a Ludwig trailer or scratch build and the wwii trailer is completely different from modern day ones but can be made much stronger than bruder trailers
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

In my case I would perhaps build using a combination of plasticard sheets and girders with brass rods for strengthening and I would perhaps use leaf sprung suspension and without a printer bruder wheels but with me having a printer I would print the wheels. This way I could build for the tank I want to transport
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I only have one small one i am working on at the moment which is a SD.Ah.115, meant for lightweight German tanks WW2.
I also have one i should start for a Vietnam Era prime mover for Bulldog, but i will be using combination of metal chassis rails, suspended axles, 3d printed detail sections and wooden planks where required.
Alot of trailers you see do not tow well offroad, however if it is only light duty and on hard flat surfaces, a modified Bruder trailer should do the job well
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
thegalline
Recruit

Post by thegalline »

Hi All
New to the forum. Saw this thread and thought I would jump in.
Attached is my effort in building a tank transporter. The trailer is laser cut polystyrene with laser cut steel internal ribs .

The tractor is all wheel drive controlled by a 6 channel radio. the 2 winches on the rear of the tractor work independently . the tractor and trailer have running lights the the tractor has sound.

Alan
Attachments
s-tank transport 14 THE GAL LINE.jpg
s-tank transport 15 THE GAL LINE.jpg
s-tank transport 12 THE GAL LINE.jpg
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Oh, that's nice!
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
jeansysteeg
Recruit

Post by jeansysteeg »

For a 1/16 scale tank transporter suitable for a Challenger 2 tank, consider specialized hobby stores, online retailers, or auction platforms like eBay. Check popular hobby brands such as Tamiya, Heng Long, or Trumpeter for their model transporters. Online marketplaces like Amazon or hobby-specific websites may also offer a variety of options. Ensure to verify product specifications and customer reviews to make an informed purchase.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jeansysteeg wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:50 am For a 1/16 scale tank transporter suitable for a Challenger 2 tank, consider specialized hobby stores, online retailers, or auction platforms like eBay. Check popular hobby brands such as Tamiya, Heng Long, or Trumpeter for their model transporters. Online marketplaces like Amazon or hobby-specific websites may also offer a variety of options. Ensure to verify product specifications and customer reviews to make an informed purchase.
Thanks for the advice on an almost four year old thread.
So, will you be making a posting in our "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

There is currently a tank transporter on eBay ready to run with trailer. But it’s Russian designed to take the t90 by the looks of it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

This is the offering previously mentioned
Attachments
IMG_1730.png
IMG_1730.png (41.03 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:14 pm
jeansysteeg wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:50 am For a 1/16 scale tank transporter suitable for a Challenger 2 tank, consider specialized hobby stores, online retailers, or auction platforms like eBay. Check popular hobby brands such as Tamiya, Heng Long, or Trumpeter for their model transporters. Online marketplaces like Amazon or hobby-specific websites may also offer a variety of options. Ensure to verify product specifications and customer reviews to make an informed purchase.
Thanks for the advice on an almost four year old thread.
So, will you be making a posting in our "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum?

Any tingling Mr Gunner ?
I do :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”