Wpl ural truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Wpl ural truck

Post by Tiger6 »

look for M2 on Amazon - I forget the tread pitch, but its the standard metric one.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Toolstation are selling "Drapers" Hex Key Sets for £9.52 which start at 1.5mm to 10.0mm and 1/16 to 3/8 a total of 26 keys in a canvas tool roll.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

jarndice wrote:Toolstation are selling "Drapers" Hex Key Sets for £9.52 which start at 1.5mm to 10.0mm and 1/16 to 3/8 a total of 26 keys in a canvas tool roll.
The small grub screws require a .9mm hex key.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Guys :wave:

Just got mine - not run yet, but looks a nice model anyhoo ;D
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi chaps.
Well got mine today but mine is the kit version so i can fit a sound unit lights etc maybe even a mast raising mechanism and the 2 speed gearbox i have on order.
The chassis and running gear is identical to the other WPL 6x6 so you could just buy separate bodies and use one chassis as you see fit.
Regards
Sub.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi chaps.
Just built mine and fitted the WPL 2 speed gearbox which went straight in.
The servo provided for steering is of good quality and they even supply you with a bracket that screws down over the top of the servo to hold it in its place. The kit does.come with brass crown wheels and pinions in the diffs.
I have fitted metal drive shafts as this is an issue on these trucks they soon split and slip or the universal joint fails.
The 2 speed gearbox is well worth fitting and provodes good speed and also slow speed with lots of torque in low ratio.
I fitted a.GEWU truck sound unit in mine fitted in the rear control cabin and also the speaker and a 7.4 2000 mah lithium ion battery then the receiver and 10 amp speedo under the bonnet for ease of access
Th tyres are also very soft just like the WPL B16 kit ones.
Regards
Sub.
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Have given mine a quick test run before the wrapping paper goes on, and I am impressed :clap:

Loads of travel on the suspension and more stable than I thought it would be :thumbup:

Roll on Xmas when I can take the wrapping paper off again ;)
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Just received the kit. Started assembling. I find the instruction sheet quite approximate. It surely would be much more difficult without it. But it doesn’t appear very detailed. The set of parts isn’t too complete either. I could not find 2 items for the rear two axle rocker (if that’s a decent way to call it). Then I have 3 long leaf springs. I see use for 2 only.
As this is my first WPL kit ever I’d like to know if this is standard practice.
Bags not labeled either which makes some parts difficult to locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

RenoirLV wrote:Just received the kit. Started assembling. I find the instruction sheet quite approximate. It surely would be much more difficult without it. But it doesn’t appear very detailed. The set of parts isn’t too complete either. I could not find 2 items for the rear two axle rocker (if that’s a decent way to call it). Then I have 3 long leaf springs. I see use for 2 only.
As this is my first WPL kit ever I’d like to know if this is standard practice.
Bags not labeled either which makes some parts difficult to locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All part if the fun!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Seems so indeed. Looks like I did manage to complete the two axle thing yesterday with those two minor parts missing. I figure they would not make much difference. After completing the rear axle system I'm left with a bunch of parts that look like they could only belong to suspension but I dont think I need them any longer.

Plus I have a newbee question about lights. I will have an ESC like Bustophedon. Does the front light cable go directly into the receiver?
I happen to have a 3 channel FlySky unit. Will I have enough slots for all given that I have a 2 speed gearbox too, which surely needs one?
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”