Wpl ural truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Wpl ural truck

Post by RenoirLV »

Sub wrote:Hi.
Its because the servo is not centered correctly when at idle ie there is some load on the servo when the wheels are straight ahead and the servo is
It should now not make a noise until you apply load from the controller.
Hi,

Tried this but it still makes noise "without any load". I can get rid of the noise when I turn the steering wheel on the transmitter and then let it free to quickly return to its central position. I need to do this exercise a couple of times and then the servo goes silent until I drive and steer.

I did center the servo using the transmitter as you described. The servo channel (No.1) is set to zero, no trimming is there. I guess it should center the servo alright. But the noise persists in most cases.

I also have the Ural 1/12 scale truck that came RTR. It does not make this noise in any conditions.
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Chaps :wave:

Happy New Year to all :clap:

I have given the Ural a good few runs, and for what it is, I can`t really knock it :thumbup: :thumbup:

The suspension works well, with plenty of travel ;D

Also, the more I look at the truck on the shelf, the more I like the detail ;D

All in all, I am one happy tread head :D :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello Mr Happy Tread Head ;)

Good for you, that's the whole point, you the owner must be the happy one :thumbup:

And thank you. Happy New Year to you too :wave:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Just a quick ebay search using the filter for north america only gave this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-NEW-H ... SwZtRb2skw

I've never used this vendor and I'm not making any recommendations, just providing info. I got mine from banggood and it took about three weeks to arrive. I bought one RTR and one kit. The kits looks straightforward and the instructions seem clear but I haven't put it together yet. I'm thinking of making it into a tanker and using the box for a command trailer on a different truck.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

You'll have better luck searching for the "WPL" brand on the trucks. The URAL is the "WPL B36."
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Sherman65.
I have built 2 of these kit now the B16 6x6 and the B36 6x6(Ural).
Both kits were well packed and both complete, they are relatively easy to assemble if you take your time, the instructions are ok but you can easily mix up the screws for the axle diff housings as there are 2 sets nearly the same length ( its the shorter of the 2 long sets ).
If you get the kits the steering servo is of good quality and works well plus the kit version tyres are of a softer compound than the RTR ones plus i believe in my case anyway they come with a 180 motor where as the RTR have a 130 motor, i also found that all the diffs and pinions were brass in both kits, where as the B16 RTR had plastic diffs and pinions.

You will need to buy the metal drive shafts upgrade for what ever you buy as the plastic ones break / strip very easily,
Just to let you know the third axle drive shaft is a short one where as the other two fitted are long, all available via ebay.
Just in case you are not aware the kits do not have any electronics you have to use your own speedo and Rx / Tx.
Hope this is of some use.
Regards
Sub
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Sherman65 wrote:Does anyone have a source for these URALS in the States? Has anyone purchased the kit? If so, was it complete and straightforward to build? Thanks in advance!
It comes with a very small instruction sheet. All 10 or so pages printed on one sheet. Hard to see. That's the only complaint. But I made it bigger.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”