WPL full metal axles

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Sub
Sergeant

WPL full metal axles

Post by Sub »

Hi Chaps ,
has anyone purchased the full metal front and rear axles upgrade as of late.
I am wondering if they are full ball bearing raced and can a second metal rear axle be made to fit the 6X6 arrangement.
regards
Sub.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Re: WPL full metal axles

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

I haven't seen any here or on RCU. They do make full metal internals that go inside the stock housings that will work for the 6x6. I have a set. Much cheaper.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Sub
Sergeant

Re: WPL full metal axles

Post by Sub »

Hi Chase.
Many thx for your reply.
I take it you like the metal upgrade set that you fitted and it makes things much smoother and stronger ?. It does look very comprehensive
I have just been looking at exactly what you have described.
I was checking out the all metal axles i think the front one will fit any WPL as they all appear the same but the issue is the centre axle in all metal it has the rear diff cover machined into the axle body and access is gained via splitting the axle in half along its length i was thinking of getting 3 rear axles and splitting the third axle in half and fitting that half to the half of the centre axle that needs the rear drive pinion to drive the rear axle.
Then again i had to remind myself its ONLY a £29.00 truck.
So I think i will go for the full metal option kit as you have suggested mine is a kit 6x6 and has as standard 3 metal drive pinions and 1 metal crown wheel in the centre axle so i can upgrade all 3 axles now with bearings and metal gears and metal wheel hex's its Just a pity the kit doesn't include the 2 sreering arms but i suppose i can knock some up or just buy the all metal front axle. I havn't heard of anyone breaking an axle casing yet.
Thank you for your time in responding.
Kind Regards
Sub.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”