MAZ 537

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: MAZ 537

Post by wibblywobbly »

The quest continues.

2 speed gearbox installed but they are designed for the metal driveshafts with a grub screw, so will have to wait for those.

Complete 2nd steering axle and suspension installed. I had to remove the bell housings grind down the centre moulding and also remove the drive gear to get the axle far enough back. Its now a freewheeling axle.

At most this will be a 6x6 and may only be a 4x4 drive on the rear wheels, it depends on how thick the metal driveshafts are.

Need to fit a second steering servo on a Y lead to get both working together.
Attachments
IMG_20180806_182323.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

From the photo, there seems to be quite a lot of a turn on the second set of steering wheels. Are they at the same angle? If you can reduce the end points for the second servo, would that reduce it and prevent t any crabbing?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There is no servo on there yet, I just turned the wheels for dramatic effect. :/
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Up and running.

Quick test run video.

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Looks great Rob :thumbup: plenty of suspension movement I see, making sure it can handle the rugged mountain terrain of the valleys :D

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It would help if the steering servo's didn't have a mind of their own as soon as the battery power drops. There is so much slack in the WPL linkages that the steering sort of self adjusts by some miracle. :D

Still got a few parts to print, and as the 2 speed gearbox servo went awol as soon as I powered it, I am stuck in a manual gearchange, though 2nd gear seems to pull pretty well. I need to print a replacement gearchange arm to fit the metal geared one that I now have in there.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

Just wondering how did you easily extend the chassis to allow the second steering set to secure in and does it still have drive?

Looking at doing an 8x8 myself and no not for a tatra..........yet anyway, eyeing up getting a RTR kit so I can have a toy for a bit then a kit for additional parts.
Slightly crazy Londoner, fondness for motorbikes (driving them), Tanks (admiring them) and Trucks (wanting to own them)

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”