HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.

Postby Max-U52 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 am

Don't forget drivers. We need them! A friend of mine is supposed to be sending me a file for a good driver figure but he's draggin' his feet.
User avatar
Max-U52
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 3095
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: Detroit

Postby Will01Capri » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:02 am

Max-U52 wrote:Don't forget drivers. We need them! A friend of mine is supposed to be sending me a file for a good driver figure but he's draggin' his feet.


Oh cool, yeah that be wicked to see

I am still using up my army of 50 + cheap plastic guys which i keep cutting limbs off to fit in the cabs and put different poses on haha
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:49 am

I've not yet been bitten by the Truck bug; but when it happens I'd probably go with one of these British-made vehicles:
AEC-Matador (tracked conversion). Alwyn has already begun a beautiful version of the Matador sans tracks.
Image
or, this 15cwt C4 from Morris:
Image
and the captured version:
Image
The Matador is well beyond anything I could make, currently, but it's always good to aim high :D
There are lots of fascinating, and quirky WW2 Brit-made trucks and 4WD vehicles to choose from. It's also sad that the Likes of AEC, Foden, Bedford, Morris, Guy and many more are no longer with us.
User avatar
43rdRecceReg
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 3759
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:38 am
Location: North West Highlands, Scotland

Postby Will01Capri » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm

43rdRecceReg wrote:I've not yet been bitten by the Truck bug; but when it happens I'd probably go with one of these British-made vehicles:
AEC-Matador (tracked conversion). Alwyn has already begun a beautiful version of the Matador sans tracks.
Image
or, this 15cwt C4 from Morris:
Image
and the captured version:
Image
The Matador is well beyond anything I could make, currently, but it's always good to aim high :D
There are lots of fascinating, and quirky WW2 Brit-made trucks and 4WD vehicles to choose from. It's also sad that the Likes of AEC, Foden, Bedford, Morris, Guy and many more are no longer with us.


The matador has been on my list for a while. Although never seen a tracked version before.
There is one locally to me and we are both attending a military vehicle show in the Summer, so i will be trying to take photos and measurments then to be able to 3D print the cab
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby midlife306 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:51 pm

I’m on with making some scale wheels & tyres for this, just waiting for some new TPU.
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby midlife306 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:15 pm

There’s been some cool new accessories released on Thingiverse for the ZIL 131 truck body, a full interior & a driven trailer, check it out!
Dashboard
Image
In place
Image
Image
Image

Full tractor unit and Trailer
Image
Image
Image
Image
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby Will01Capri » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Printed interior last night :)
Its a well thought ouot truck setup
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby Roboticus_Prime » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:31 am

midlife306 wrote:There’s been some cool new accessories released on Thingiverse for the ZIL 131 truck body, a full interior & a driven trailer, check it out!
Dashboard
Image
In place
Image
Image
Image

Full tractor unit and Trailer
Image
Image
Image
Image
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That's awesome!
User avatar
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Postby midlife306 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:21 pm

I’ve just found a site called scale3drc
They have lots of stl files for various truck bodies, I think they’re all in 1/10 scale but can easily be scaled to 1/16
Here’s an example
Image
$10 each lol
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby Will01Capri » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm

New truck out there for everyone Zil 157 on thingiverse!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3478425

MZKT cab :)
Image

MAZ 8x8
Image

Oshkosh Hemtt
Image

Working on Stls for these, but they are going to take time
Happy to share with you guys here as i don't have capacity to get these printed any time soon.
I may be able to share 3D CAD files if anyone wants to play with them to make them fit things or add details etc, but they are HUGE files so i may have to put on USB and post!
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby Will01Capri » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 pm

midlife306 wrote:I’ve just found a site called scale3drc
They have lots of stl files for various truck bodies, I think they’re all in 1/10 scale but can easily be scaled to 1/16
Here’s an example
Image
$10 each lol
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Looks a nice truck to try. Glad it is not too expensive either so can be played with. Do they share the stls only though?
The COE looks cool for hot rod uses
https://www.scale3drc.com/ctc-h37-coe/ctc-h37-coe

As a group of us, we could always buy a few different ones ;)
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby midlife306 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:48 pm

It’s stl’s, photos & build instructions only, I’ve bought the one above & this one..
Image
Image
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby Tiger6 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 pm

WC53? be interested to see how it scales down to 1/16...

Tiger6
Corporal
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Postby Will01Capri » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Looking good. Nice work.
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby Will01Capri » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:58 pm

I have been ULTRA busy this weekend, check out my thread for Rat Rod
https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27173

Also my wife made canvas for my GAZ 69 4x4 troop car

Also got a few others ready for build and my wife has started another build based around dinos!
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby Will01Capri » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 pm

M35 Fantasy Snoo Cat in the build.
Image

Image

Image

Got some gap filling to do and some sanding, but this has turned out really nicely. Can't wait to get paint on this.
User avatar
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: South Scotland

Postby midlife306 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Well, here’s where I’m upto with the ZIL, it started off as a 131 but it’s going to end up as a 137 with a powered trailer
Image
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby Model Builder 4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm

That looks cracking Wayne :D you wouldn't even know its been 3D printed :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
User avatar
Model Builder 4
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:46 pm
Location: South Wales valleys

Postby midlife306 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Cheers Lee, I’ve spent a load of time gradually sanding away every last layer line, it’s smooth as a baby’s bum lol
Thanks
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Postby Roboticus_Prime » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 pm

midlife306 wrote:Well, here’s where I’m upto with the ZIL, it started off as a 131 but it’s going to end up as a 137 with a powered trailer
Image
Cheers
Wayne


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That's awesome! Ive been toying with the idea of powering my next trailer. I haven't decided if I want it to be a dump, or a log trailer yet.
User avatar
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Heng Long Trucks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest