HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

Here's the back of the cab well underwayImage
Just back box & fuel tank to print tomorrow.
Oh yeh, while I remember, I use this putty on 3D printed parts, it dries quickly & is well easy to sand.

Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Wayne, I stand back in admiration of this project and wish for more people with 3D printers to get up and running ASAP for the way I see it the quicker more of us adopt this technology the quicker dunderheads such as I will find websites and 3D Printers that do not need an MSc to work it out,
As to the Filler I use Squadrons "Green Putty" and as an old tube hardens I have discovered that squeezing it into a shallow dish of warm water produces a very useable paste, Waste not want not :haha:
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Alwyn that's fantastic news. I checked those tires and added them to my watch list so I can look for them on this side of the big water. I absolutely have to get me one of those new fangled magic printer part maker thingies.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I've looked at the Lego tyres and once I have a truck I should be able to design a wheel hub that will fit properly and take 2 tyres, so hang in there and I'll do my best. I'll do a hub for the front wheel as well.

Just found these on your side of the pond
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-4-LARGE-T ... SwFL9TvEpg

:D :D

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Alwyn, I just ordered a set of tires, we'll see how they work out.

Wayne, I just happen to have both Squadron White and Green, but I've found good old automotive spot putty works even better, and for large areas I like this stuff called Icing. Kind of a very thin, smooth bondo that works great and sands easily. Mixes just like bondo and has a good 6 to 8 minute working time.

Wayne, do we remove the honeycomb from the inside? I can't wait to try out this plastic and see how it is to work with. I'm already scammin' up the bread for a 3D printer, I might look into the one you mentioned earlier, Wayne, is this it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creality-3D-CR ... 2548.l4275

It may take a minute to scam up that much.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Yep that's the one, they are much more expensive over here thoughImageImage
CREALITY CR-10 S4 400*400*400mm Large Print Size 3D Printer Prusa I3 DIY Kit https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2951688306
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
midlife306

HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

Bit of a dodgy listing that Gary, no matter what you select it takes the price north of $500Image
Here's the body of your Hanomag so far
I noticed on the video I posted for inspiration on my Hanomag thread that they all had a separate fuel tank in between the cab & the big box on the back, it also looked a slightly different size, so I've played with the model & made a fuel tank too, we'll probably have to extend the chassis a bit to accommodate it but it will look right.
Just these to print tomorrow Image
Cheers
Wayne

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wayne is that a mini hanomag I see? Wow!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, yes you're right, that is the size of the model I scaled up to make this
There's shed loads of different vehicles at 1/100 or 1/200 on Thingiverse, I tried scaling up a Tiger 1, the detail was there but I threw the towel in when I had a printer malfunction.
Cheers
Wayne

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Received my truck today and measured up for the Lego tyre hub. The design didn't take too long and looks like this

I don't know how it will print though because at the moment my printer is giving me severe grief :'( :crazy: and I don't have the patience to sort it today. As soon as I have printed and refined the single tyre hub, I'll do the design of the two tyre hub.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”