HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Max-U52 »

I still would have loved to see the meteor go up against the me-262. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:I still would have loved to see the meteor go up against the me-262. @)
Somehow I think the meteor would have been more manoeuvrable :think:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I'll get me coat, I was thinking of the Me-163 oops :{

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You know what they say---What goes around comes around.
I kicked off with the DH Comet and here we are with the Me 163 Komet, :haha:
One powered by 4 DH Ghost Turbo Jets and the other powered by a single Walther Liquid Fuelled Rocket Motor.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I don't think a Leyland Comet would fair against either, would have to have some serious AA gun on the back.

Now that's a truck I wouldn't mind having on a heng long chassis. . . . And back around to being on topic ;) :haha:

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Gary, Adolf Galland flew the Me 262 in WW2 and after the nastiness finished he took up the job of senior Airforce commander in the Argentinian Airforce and in that role he got to fly the Meteor,
I think I have his comments on the various differences between the 2 types somewhere but I cannot bring them to hand at the moment.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

jarndice wrote:Gary, Adolf Galland flew the Me 262 in WW2 and after the nastiness finished he took up the job of senior Airforce commander in the Argentinian Airforce and in that role he got to fly the Meteor,
I think I have his comments on the various differences between the 2 types somewhere but I cannot bring them to hand at the moment.
Just found this comment of his online.

During his time with the Argentine Air Force (FAA) he flew the British Gloster Meteor. Galland commented, mindful it was a contemporary to the Me 262, that it was a fine aircraft. He claimed that if he could have fitted the Meteor engines to the Me 262 airframe he would have had the best fighter in the world.

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Don't talk to me about "Leyland Trucks" :thumbdown:
We ran an almost exclusive fleet of "AEC" Trucks,
A mix of Mercury's, Mandator's, Mammoth's and Marathon 2s,
We had a couple of Mercury 10 tonne rigid' flatbeds on order from our usual dealer in Aylesbury,
The year before Leyland had bought out AEC but the AEC truck range was still in production,
So what came into the yard ?
2 Leyland Comets,
Both the AEC and the Leyland had the "Ergonomic Cab but the difference was Quality versus cheap.
Wherever you looked in the Comet was Matte Black and Plastic, in the AEC there was Chrome everywhere and an Enamel AEC Badge on the top of the engine,
The Drivers would spend their own time polishing those AECs simply because they looked so good, the cheap and nasty Leyland's would have been lucky if they got a bucket of water thrown over them,
Anyway, The old man came out of the office and said to the delivery drivers don't get out lads just take them back to Aylesbury.
Within a year the fleet was a combination of Scanias and Volvos and a few aging AEC Flatbeds.
Sorry Mick you rubbed a raw nerve. :lolno:
Thanks for saving me the bother of checking Herr Gallands Comments. :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, well, most of them ended up in India and they loved them, I guess the people there don't whinge as much as us Brits lol.

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

jarndice wrote:Gary, Adolf Galland flew the Me 262 in WW2 and after the nastiness finished he took up the job of senior Airforce commander in the Argentinian Airforce and in that role he got to fly the Meteor,
I remember his comment when he first flew the 262 - it felt like the angels were pushing. The 262 did have fairly poor engines, especially by today's standards, but Die Schwalbe will always be my personal favorite aircraft of all time, with or without those four bad-ass 30mm cannons in the snout. You can get a recreation here in the states, either single or dual seat, for just a measly million bucks. Someday. @) @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”