HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Max-U52 »

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
my next Project:
Druck-kl.jpg
25 hours and 53 Minutes and it need arround 90 Minutes to finish
Screen-kl.jpg
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Ohh come on, you can’t dangle a carrot like that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jhamm wrote:Hi,
my next Project:
Druck-kl.jpg
25 hours and 53 Minutes and it need arround 90 Minutes to finish
Screen-kl.jpg
Zil truck cab?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Got a chance to bench test the new board. I might want to pick up more of these speakers. If they also work well with the das mikro they could be very handy.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, got the second of three possibilities for a tank hauler, the Bruder lowboy.

If you're out there, Will, I ain't heard from you for a bit so I'm hoping I haven't ticked you off and you're still willing to help with your awesome fifth wheel set up. When I was in (circa 1979) we had 5 ton tractors that looked a lot like the M35 and had both a fifth wheel and a clevis hitch (they hauled it all, from tankers to flatbeds to commo trailers), and I think a WPL M35 would be perfect for a role like that.

phpBB [video]

Still waiting for the Kane lowboy, but I believe that to be mostly metal so weight might be an issue. The Bruder set up is all plastic. I think with a two speed gearbox a WPL truck would easily pull the Bruder set-up even with an all metal Sherman or M-36 on board. Opinions? 8) 8|

Thanks to Chase (Roboticus prime) for his advice and steering us in the right direction. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

You may need a bigger motor? I run a very torquey upgraded 540 motor on my Dragon Wagon, all metal trailer with a Tamiya Sherman on the back.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Max, you have the esc channel reversed that's why the brake sound keeps screeching, it thinks its reversing all the time. Change the direction on the radio and the polarity on the motor cables and you should be in business :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Ad Lav wrote:You may need a bigger motor? I run a very torquey upgraded 540 motor on my Dragon Wagon, all metal trailer with a Tamiya Sherman on the back.
The 2 speed upgrade box comes with a 380, should be big enough for what Max is towing
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Tiger6 wrote:
The 2 speed upgrade box comes with a 380, should be big enough for what Max is towing

That's what I'm thinking, and I'll be building a special truck to haul the trailer and will definitely have the two speed gear box. I'd like to use the new truck board from Imex, and that has provisions for the 2 speed tranny, but I wouldn't be able to do servo operated ramps. I do have a four channel pistol grip spektrum so maybe I'll try that.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”