HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:So far I'm okay with the tires I've been 3D printing with flexible filament, but if I ever need something really detailed I'll definitely check this guy out, especially if he has something that would fit on a Hanomag SS 100.
What have u got drive wise to power it? I be having a new set of dual motor units out soon with transfer case using metal gears and bearings.
U need the pulling power in ss100 and could have 2 driving rear axle in parallel ;)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I went to that thread and couldn't find the darn thing myself, so here it is again

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Thanks Gary :)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Will01Capri wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:So far I'm okay with the tires I've been 3D printing with flexible filament, but if I ever need something really detailed I'll definitely check this guy out, especially if he has something that would fit on a Hanomag SS 100.
What have u got drive wise to power it? I be having a new set of dual motor units out soon with transfer case using metal gears and bearings.
U need the pulling power in ss100 and could have 2 driving rear axle in parallel ;)
Thanks, Will, but the SS 100 only has one rear axle. I'm hoping to use a wpl frame but I'm open. This is one of those projects that's been on the shelf for a long time that I still haven't gotten around to. Maybe someday. When I do get around to it, I think the 2-speed gearbox with the 380 motor will be all I need for what I'm going to pull. I'll just be pulling a Meillerwagen with a V2 rocket and I don't expect it to weigh that much. The tank trailer with a plastic Sherman on it probably weighs more than The Meillerwagen will.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

One or two I prepared earlier Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

:haha: :clap:
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

So you'll be printing the 16t mobile crane when I'm done with it then...? :haha: :haha: :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

It’s the meillerwagon (sp) that I’ll need to make next. The Hannomag SS100 will have to have some grunt me thinks....
I do like the thought of the mobile crane though

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

midlife306 wrote:It’s the meillerwagon (sp) that I’ll need to make next. The Hannomag SS100 will have to have some grunt me thinks....
I do like the thought of the mobile crane though Image

So now that you've seen the website I skyped you that link for (can't take credit for that, another member posted the link in a different thread) are you still planning to make a meillerwagen or are you thinking about buying the kit? The one he has I really like is the liquid oxygen trailer, but it's rather pricey.

Here's the site we speak of

https://www.fertigungswerk16.at/shop/

Very, very cool stuff, but I still don't know how it will take to being RCed. Even the trailers would probably need bearings and what-not.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This little project is getting close to completion, and soon we'll be on standby waiting for parts for the powered ramps. I'll do a post showing all the features and how I did them pretty soon. But for now I have to remember to thank Will for sending me the fifth wheel stuff, it's proven to be just the ticket.

Here's an earlier photo of the tractor, it's had a lot of upgrades, like two speed gearbox, the new electronics board (this little thing is fantastic - for $45 US I get sound, light control, two speed tranny, and a winch, or in my case, power to the ramps, all right from the tiny little TX). The tires and rims are pricey (more than the damn truck itself) but man, are they finest kind. Imex Erik is looking into tires with a proper WWII combat tread, and if he's successful I'll be a happy camper. BTW, the tires are DAKA, the rims are aluminum and they fit right on the WPL/JJRC axles.

More to come ...

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”