Heng long based scratchbuilit 6x6 truck.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Heng long based scratchbuilit 6x6 truck.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

I thought I would put all the pics of the truck so far into this thread as at the minute I've been posting them in Dave 's ( forgebear ) heng long truck thread, thanks Dave and apologies. As I continue with the build I'll now post the updates here :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Heng long 6x6 truck.

Post by wibblywobbly »

Excellent bit of customisation going on there, I think we are going to see plenty of variants over the coming months. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Rob, I had a couple of hours of fun yesterday with the styrene and glue :crazy: :D , yeh I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming conversions :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Incredible job
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Hey Lee, for the new rear differential, did you take from the donor front differential or the rear differential ? I notice the angle is quite different than then the original rear differential.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Carl :thumbup:

Michael I used the cover and shaft from the front diff box, the shaft pulls away from its connectors which joins it to the motor, you'll need to make a new shaft to join the 2 rear shafts together as they both have the same fixings so they will not slot together. Also you will need to have the 2 rear diff boxes offset to each other, ie one towards the left side of the axel and one to the right side so the gears are reversed because if you have them inline with each other they will rotate the opposite way to each other, one going forward and one reversing :{ this took a bit of head scratching to figure out when I first did it :haha: I hope this makes sense if not let me know :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I see. I am sure this would be apparent when I try to put the pieces together. Thanks Lee !
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Michael, this is the position that the 2 diff's need to be on the rear axels to get them rotating correctly , you will also have to unscrew the leaf springs and turn them around 180 degrees in their seated position as the screw holes that are used to fix them to their fixing mount will also be the wrong way around as well, :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I'll be seeing my friend in the trade Thursday, he has built one with servo steering, a 7.2v lipo, uprated esc and motor, and one of those Banggood sound cards. I'll try and get a video.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Rob, I too have fitted an esc and servo, it has to be the micro version though as the space is very small, it drives a lot better with it though :thumbup: , the sound emulator I used was also from banggood but I bought the one with 2 speakers and the 10 preloaded sounds, it's a little bit bigger but I'm going to hide the speakers in the back within some stowage crates that I'm going to make to cover them so the canvas can be removed :D

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”