HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.

Postby Estnische » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:35 am

Gee Will, now I am working on my Fayee, I can appreciate the work you have been doing with these trucks. Some great design work for 3D printing and nice paint touches such as the painted door cards. Neat.

Makes me look into what extras can be added to sharpen the details to 'tank' level. I'm going to pursue the Colonial Marines theme, which is somewhat difficult without a prototype to model.
Estnische
Staff Sergeant

Postby Will01Capri » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Another truck here i been working on for myself whilst i had some holiday last week. Slow burner as is anything for myself haha
Its based on MN90 RC 1/12 Land Rover model, however i took the body, made loads of changes and made my own Kahn inspired bodykit for it and wheels and then everything else is fully custom.
Put a new design dual 370 motor setup in this thing and hope to get it going sometime
Body only sitting on wheels for mock up, it will be slightly higher to give clearance. But gives you idea the look i want to go for
Not military, but cool. A little side project to the rest of things i been doing recently anyway
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Estnische » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Nice start Will. Are you going to use the WPL sound card for this?
Estnische
Staff Sergeant

Postby WCP RC MODELS » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Estnische wrote:Nice start Will. Are you going to use the WPL sound card for this?

No, going to use a das mikro, however that is dependant if i can work out how to use with 3s lipo as this will be running 3s and i will have to make sure the voltage to the sound card is only 7.4v rather than 11.1v!
It will not be fast, but powerful for crawling and scaling
phpBB [video]

Finding and hiding a small 3s battery will be fun, but should suit it perfectly. The other option is i run it slower on 2s, but wheres the fun in that haha
WCP RC MODELS
Private

Postby Will01Capri » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:24 am

Morning
Quite an easy conversion for this original WPL B1 model
Although the chassis rails and part of the body are original, everything else is re designed and 3d printed or hand made

Too many little details to list, but the main ones to note, dual inline 370 gear reduction motors

Metal gear axles and servo and esc upgrade

The model is extended and is a crew cab conversion of an M35 truck, we designed and printed this ourselves

Front bumper is all metal 3mm plate bent to shape to add some weight up front and give it some good pushing ability

It will run upto 4s lipo, but the gear may take a hammering, so really only to take 2s or 3s on the extreme
I am so far undecided to mount a 5th wheel in the back, but i might just do that to fit a gooseneck trailer lol

Proper urban jacked up truck, perfect for going down the shops
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Heng Long Trucks