Fayee Truck Project

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.

Postby Estnische » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:07 am

Despite having tank projects on the go, I’ve decided to venture into the world of WPL trucks. After doing some shopping around, and checking out the evolving market for these trucks, I’ve decided to go with a HEMTT-style truck from Fayee. It has some of the upgrades over the original WPL trucks, while still maintaining an entry level price for a six-wheeler. It seems that you cannot buy directly from WPL at the moment, so sites like Banggood or Aliexpress are the main source of trucks and parts. Their poor descriptions make it vague as to what version or parts you are purchasing. The Youtube reviews of the Fayee made it the best bet for my money. It arrived in a fairly good state, with minor damage to the box.

With a cabin that has opening doors, and so much glass, I decided it needs to be driven by a crew - Ella, and her twin sister, er, Bella. The twins are enlisted in the Colonial Marines, and can’t wait to get to grips with their outfit’s new vehicle.

However, neither of the pair can fit behind the wheel. The footwell and steering wheel aren’t meant for a driver with legs.

A bit of work with the saw makes some openings in the floor for leg-room, and raising the steering wheel to a more truck-like position allows the girls to get inside. Now they’re able to hit the road!

There will be more improvements on the way as I try out a few things. I’m used to having sound with my tanks, so that will be on the cards at some stage.
Estnische
Sergeant

Postby Exhibitedbrute » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am

Welcome to the world of trucks, like me you appear to be taking a break from the tank to have a stab at something else

Exhibitedbrute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Cool start Mr Estnische :thumbup: :clap:

Every truck needs an Ella and Bella ;)

Now, the question is, are they from a series of figures with males included? And what should I search for on the world wide web?
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Estnische » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Indeed they are from a series. Search Hiya Toys Aliens figures. They are a few years old now, but if you are prepared to part with some cash, there is a large range, including Hicks and company.

Worst of all, there is an APC fully decked out with an awesome back-lit interior in 1/18 scale begging to be RC’d. If only I could justify the cost.
Estnische
Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Ohhh, I know the series, thank you :thumbup:

Yes, I too looked into that APC, it's not cheap.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Will01Capri » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:54 pm

Good trucks, work well and great price, enjoy the build
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby SiJat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:14 pm

These vehicles are good enough to become a decent and cheap base for the development of other vehicles, for example WPL.

phpBB [video]
Attachments
YIAC0666c.jpg
YIAC0666c.jpg (52.69 KiB) Viewed 617 times
YIAC0664c.jpg
YIAC0664c.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 616 times

SiJat
Recruit

Return to Heng Long Trucks