HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

I’ll have it on it’s wheels tomorrow
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Oh you were brave :wtf: - I printed that bed the first time, and after 4 straight days of print time I swore never again - V2.0 will have a plasticard one...
Also curious how you got on with the Grill / brush guard - I always got terrible stringing from the top left corner that required a lot of clean up?

Did you figure out motor mounting etc? I think I found an aftermarket driveshaft that could be cut down to link the 2 rear axles, but haven't gotten around to mounting the motor and gearbox yet...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That's coming along nicely, Wayne. As soon as I get the drive train sorted completely I'll be ready for assembly, and for now I've assembled the bed. Here's a bit more on the rolling chassis.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

I cut the bed in half lengthways & printed both halves diagonally across the bed as I couldn’t fit them on in one piece, took 16 hours with 0.2 layer height iirc,. No biggie ImageImageImage
This design is a work of artImage
Cheers
Wayne

midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Oh, I didn’t have any issues printing the grill, I did use brim though to keep it solid down.
Print it on its own, switch off support (I know it sounds daft) and switch on combingImage
I’ve not played with the motor mount yet, will use a 6x6 std motor at first & then try a 370 2 speed jobby when it arrives from China.
Cheers
Wayne

Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

AHA! I have never tried combing mode before, I'll have to give that a go...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Tiger6, sorry I haven't been in touch lately, I sat down at least four different times to write you an email and give you an update and every time something comes up. The last time it was my cat Shadow. Just as I sat down he decided it would be a good idea to bring a live bird into the house and turn it loose so him and his little brother could Chase it around for a while. But as you can see, I'm making progress. And I haven't forgotten the WC51. Once I get these trucks printed that will be at the top of the list, along with the hetzer, which is always at the top of the list but just never seems to get done. I think I need more hours in a day.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Tiger6 wrote:AHA! I have never tried combing mode before, I'll have to give that a go...
Glad to have been of service sirImage

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

So i am into the next build. Although a crawler. So should i put this in the car & truck section or is it ok here you guys think??

Kit form
ImagePaint! by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Quick mock up

Without rear cab
Gonna build a roll cage to go in the back here, just in case!

Mad masking!

New mad paint!

Need to mask up the top hatch aswell i think and do something mad on it aswell

This i going to be a test mule for some of the metal driveline options that are available. Going to put twin N30 motors in this thing and run 3S and give it alot of abuse. Hopefully should help with the military truck build to find a good strong driveline base
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Will, when I started this thread I tried to make it clear that this is for any and all mods to any and all HL trucks. Even if you're just using the axles in something like a wc51, it's okay to post it here. Anything and everything that has anything to do with HL trucks is welcome at this thread. Of course, if you want to start a separate thread that's up to you, but all of your fine work is more than welcome on any thread that I started. 8)

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”