HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Will01Capri »

So finished off most of the Cosmetic work on the ambulance. It looks a little rough with the paint, but it makes it look quite used and i like it weirdly enough.
I did enjoy building this, but moving on to the next truck now! Crew cab i think or somthing like M923.

Wheels getting detailed
ImageCosmetic Ambulance build complete. Now need to move on to the next build :) by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageCosmetic Ambulance build complete. Now need to move on to the next build :) by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

:)

Front end, hand written reverse Ambulance was quite tricky!

Back shot

Back open

Sneaky interior shot
ImageMore painting of the ambulance by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Interior in the back before painting the cross
ImageMore painting of the ambulance by Will Pattinson, on Flickr
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Will,
I love your stuff. You've got the imagination to see it and the drive to cut it out and assemble \paint into a finished vehicle. Today, I had lately gotten tired of the slop in the steering 'wheel' on the GAZ TX and took it apart ( carefully ). The central hub that the Turn Wheel screws into has a flat bar that acts as a rocker plate for the _very_ basic left and right switches that activate the directional motor. I fixed the slop by cutting a couple of 1/8 thickness foam rubber strips and gluing them to the top of the rocker bar. The spring stops that activate the left\right switches have a firm contact with the rocker bar now and produce a crisp 'click' when the Wheel is turned on the TX. Issue resolved. I should have taken pictures of the process but was into the TX and had the issue fixed before I thought about it. Anyone who takes their GAZ TX apart will see the issue immediately upon the removing the three self tappers that hold the interior cover plate on those switches and can fix it just as quickly.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

PainlessWolf wrote:Will,
I love your stuff. You've got the imagination to see it and the drive to cut it out and assemble \paint into a finished vehicle. Today, I had lately gotten tired of the slop in the steering 'wheel' on the GAZ TX and took it apart ( carefully ). The central hub that the Turn Wheel screws into has a flat bar that acts as a rocker plate for the _very_ basic left and right switches that activate the directional motor. I fixed the slop by cutting a couple of 1/8 thickness foam rubber strips and gluing them to the top of the rocker bar. The spring stops that activate the left\right switches have a firm contact with the rocker bar now and produce a crisp 'click' when the Wheel is turned on the TX. Issue resolved. I should have taken pictures of the process but was into the TX and had the issue fixed before I thought about it. Anyone who takes their GAZ TX apart will see the issue immediately upon the removing the three self tappers that hold the interior cover plate on those switches and can fix it just as quickly.
regards,
Painless

Many thanks for the kind words.
I just like to keep myself busy :)

Interesting idea, i will have a look at the trucks with the standard running gear and try just that as it will make alot better.

I just finsihed another truck today. But one of the tracked trucks. I think it lives here anyway in this thread. BUT the trucks are much better built from Fayee.
Although the transmitters are very sensitive to batteries required. They don't run well with rechargeables, better i reckon to use normal 1.5V AA's
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Video
phpBB [video]
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If ever a truck needed a working winch the tracked variant is surely it and what a cracking group of different versions you have built,
Most impressed.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:If ever a truck needed a working winch the tracked variant is surely it and what a cracking group of different versions you have built,
Most impressed.
Good idea, i was also thinking making a working snow plough possibly!

Oh dear, another truck arrived in the post today!

WPL C-24, but i intend making a crawler out of this, so no Military connection i am thinking this time!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Video courtesy of the wife :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Will, don’t look......
ImageImage
If this doesn’t push you towards buying a 3D printer, I don’t know what willImage
Cheers
Wayne
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

That looks nice :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project