HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by AlwynTurner »

Great job Igotit, delighted that the design is being used and adapted, well done! :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
igotit
Lance Corporal

Post by igotit »

AlwynTurner wrote:Great job Igotit, delighted that the design is being used and adapted, well done! :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
no problem alwyn....im happy to share for us to all enjoy.thank you for the original design. :thumbup:
i uploaded to thingiverse and gave you credit for the design.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2834027

also heres a nice file i found to use the smaller lego tires on trailers.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2253983
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Nice work NickImage

My metal driveshafts have arrived.

I’m concentrating on the WC51 at the moment, so I’ve taken some measurements & tweaked the offsets on the dual motor mount, I’ll print it tomorrow but I think Gary will be printing his now.

Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, just finished the print. I like those metal driveshafts, are they threaded for a set screw to hold them in place? That's one thing I still have to figger out, attaching the plastic drive shafts to the shafts on the dual motors, but I got some ideas. :think: :think: :shh: :shifty: :shifty:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
igotit
Lance Corporal

Post by igotit »

she is looking mighty fine!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

180 motor arrived today. I couldn't wait, so I installed it. Ooo dang does the truck move now! I can't wait for the new electronics to show up.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Chase, have you timed it for scale speed with the new motor? 150 mph? 200? :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Max-U52 wrote:Chase, have you timed it for scale speed with the new motor? 150 mph? 200? :haha: :haha:
My front axle had a tendency to slip with the old motor. With the new one, the truck will just sit there spinning the rear tires in a burnout. Hopefully the front axle on the GAZ (that should be arriving today) is more solid. If not, I'll need to disassemble and start gluing. lol
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

The axles come apart easy enough, I glued the two plastic bearings for the input shaft in place & I glued the bevel gear onto the end of the shaft as the serrations on the shaft do next to nothing to hold the gear in place.
Cheers
Wayne

Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

midlife306 wrote:The axles come apart easy enough, I glued the two plastic bearings for the input shaft in place & I glued the bevel gear onto the end of the shaft as the serrations on the shaft do next to nothing to hold the gear in place.
Cheers
Wayne

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. The funny thing is, the rear axle is solid enough that it will twist enough to separate the driveshaft lol. I plan on making a realistic suspension for the rear tandem axles, so it shouldn't do that when I'm done.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”