WPL truck to Diamond T/M19 conversion

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: WPL truck to Diamond T conversion

Post by Ad Lav »

Ward la france is a WW2 wrecker. Looks the same as The Diamond T. A bit. If you squint maybe. :)
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi yes now I understand. Looking at the images for the Lafrance I'd say it's identical to the Diamond T.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

If you need some photos just shout.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I think I;ve got this cad thing almost sorted, the wheel arches worked first print with the usual measure 4 times, check 10 times then print story

The load bed is just straightforward styrene build so that's going quite quickly. The cab and hood (bonnet to us brits) are going to be a little tricky though...... :crazy: :D

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jaymillz517
Recruit

Post by jaymillz517 »

I'm highly impressed with this build, the wheels and tires look great and play the part but that dropped gearbox housing is the stuff of dreams are made of. Your ability to design and print the needed parts blow my mind!
igotit
Lance Corporal

Post by igotit »

impressive work,i eny your cad skills.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

A really frustrating day, MOT the car, walk the dogs, take dogs to vet for annual stuff, paint shelves for the lounge, and FINALLY I got to sneak off to my cave to do some real work!

Unfortunately tomorrow is going to be another day with SWMBO to do the food shopping, sort out the lounge, walk the dogs. Hopefully some where in there I get a few hours back in my cave to restore my sanity :crazy: :crazy:

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Moving along despite distractions - I HATE shopping!

but getting there despite Tesco, Aldi, and Morrisons, I've never understood why it's necessary to go to all three supermarkets when they all sell the same stuff. ??? :crazy:

Anyway SWMBO is happy for the time being, long may it continue!

Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

AlwynTurner wrote:The mechanicals and chassis are about done

I've ordered a pair of Tamiya high torque motors from HK so I'll have to wait for those before I can get the chassis running, but it's coming along. I now have to bolt the extended chassis together to ensure it's rigid, then onto the body build

I have also ordered some of the Tamiya high torque motor as need the extra power.... your build looks great
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks|Memdip forthe good words

I didn't do much over the weekend due to prep and attending Nantwich model show which was a pretty good show with major appearances by Star Wars characters including a surprisingly authentic wookee character!

I did manage to get the fuel tanks and battery box printed and fitted though

Next to work on the cab

Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”