Tcb partially resetting itself

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
Sub
Sergeant

Re: Tcb partially resetting itself

Post by Sub »

Hi Luke.
Just a quick update re my sound card.
I managed to identify the common negatives and the induvidual sources for the buttons on my sound card and tested them outside the TCB and as you stated they do change when the souce goes to negative.
So i set up the IO port A and set the default to high and on pulse then allocated this to a turret stick function top centre and used a common negative for the TCB and the sound card and it works..
I can now change tracks over as many times as i like from one flick up of the turret stick.
I now have full remote access to a whopping 16GB of any sound i wish to load onto my SD card.
I activate the sound card on and off through the Aux channel via a 5v relay on the 2 position ch5 gear switch then just change sounds at will from the transmitter.
The sound unit has a built in 3 watt amplifier and when coupled to a quality miniature 4ohm speaker the sound is excellent and does not cause any interfeference to the normal tank controls.
I think i now have up to 11 triggers / functions on the turret stick plus the 4 normal drive functions and 2 auxillary functions all from a 6 channel radio, plus i havn't connected the smoke unit yet.
The TCB is a truley remarkable and adaptable piece of kit.
Now i understand and know how it all works i can experiment further with my other boards and tanks.
Thank you for bringing this to us.
Kind regards
Sub.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Re: Tcb partially resetting itself

Post by LukeZ »

Wow, you really are maximizing the capabilities of your little radio! Thanks for reporting back on your sound card experiments and giving a mini-review of the TCB. It is gratifying to see when someone grasps the capabilities of this board and starts to use it to full effect. I admit the flexibility is perhaps not immediately apparent when coming from the approach used by other manufacturers as the TCB does things very differently. It requires some time to learn but once you grasp the general idea then creative configurations like what you have done become possible. In fact I have been consistently surprised at the various ways in which people have put their TCB to use, you guys have come up with configurations I never conceived of during development.

Although I am marketing the TCB for tanks, in fact it is fundamentally a robust input/output system. RC goes in, a multitude of possible outputs go out, and function triggers allow the user infinite flexibility in matching the two. That;s what makes it so adaptable, but it does require some time and effort to grasp the possibilities.

For others who might want to replicate your experiment, can you give us a link to the sound unit you are using?
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”