Benedini mini sound card

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
c.rainford73
Major

Benedini mini sound card

Post by c.rainford73 »

Had to let everyone know about my wonderful experience with Thomas Benedini. For my panther G that I will be building I ordered a second TBS mini for it. I needed a programming cable for my other open Panzer project t-34/76 . I sourced that board from Maxmekker and he was very kind to add the amazing engine sounds on my video, but to enable the cannon and other sounds I needed to get the programming cable so I had Thomas add that to my order.

What I wanted to mention as per my conversation with Thomas and the pictures, he will setup the Benedini with the latest version of TBS flash and programmed the board to operate with all necessary sounds for the open Panzer board. User friendly for anyone with limited electronic experience Image

It comes with all necessary instructions and is plug and play for my Open Panzer project.

Very nice experience.ImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Benedini mini sound card

Post by c.rainford73 »

And I've found that hobby king has the Open Panzer board on sale again...Image

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalog/pro ... tore=en_us
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Thanks for posting that Carl, I hadn't known Thomas was offering an Open Panzer setup option but that is a nice of him to do so, and as you say a good choice for those who don't want the hassle of setup.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Luke I originally reached out to him to get a programming cable for my existing TBS mini. I am going to start building a panther soon, and it will have another TCB and wanted to order another Benedini mini from him. He said he would set it up for the open Panzer board and it would be ready to install. As you can see on his instructions it's checked off and part of the package he sent me. Very cool.

He was super helpful and knew everything about the Open Panzer board requirements and what was needed.

Also only took about a week to arrive in the states.
rampage
Recruit

Post by rampage »

c.rainford73 wrote:And I've found that hobby king has the Open Panzer board on sale again...Image

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalog/pro ... tore=en_us
I just noticed the same thing yesterday and I plan on picking one up.

So, the Benedini Mini. Does it come pre-loaded with sounds? Or do you have to request a sound when you order it? I'd like to order one for my M4. I was reading the Open Panzer wiki and it looks like it's relatively easy to add sounds to it using the GUI-based config software, but where do you get the sounds?

Also, is any kind of amplifier needed?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

If you check out my T-34/76 video you will see my benedini without an amplifier and a stock Taigen speaker is very load and crisp.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thomas will pre load any tank soubds you request in his library.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

rampage wrote:So, the Benedini Mini. Does it come pre-loaded with sounds? Or do you have to request a sound when you order it? I'd like to order one for my M4. I was reading the Open Panzer wiki and it looks like it's relatively easy to add sounds to it using the GUI-based config software, but where do you get the sounds?

Also, is any kind of amplifier needed?
Thomas will pre-load sounds for you but he also has a whole collection of sounds you can choose from and load onto the Mini at any time (these files are behind a restricted area on his website, he will give you a password after you purchase the Mini). Of course you can also add your own sound files that you create, or that others have created and choose to share.

The Mini has an amplifier built-in. Some people with larger models may choose to add another amplifier to get the sound even louder but typically for 1/16th scale the Mini is loud enough already.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”