Ppm - pwm convertor

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
tomhugill
Captain

Ppm - pwm convertor

Post by tomhugill »

Hey,

Could anyone advise if this is suitable so I can use my existing radio with my tcb?

https://www.flyingtech.co.uk//electroni ... ixhawk-apm
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Ppm - pwm convertor

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom I don't see why it shouldn't work, but it will limit your usable channels to 8, My TCB only uses 8 channels (Flysky i6s) at this point and I have plenty of functionality.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you hook up a Viper or an RVC from Ian for a TX run Volume control and a Servo to drive the Hull MG your 8 Channels can look very small very quickly :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Tom I don't see why it shouldn't work, but it will limit your usable channels to 8, My TCB only uses 8 channels (Flysky i6s) at this point and I have plenty of functionality.
My hobbyking recivers are only 8 channels so in this case I'm going for the cheapest smallest one! When I eventually get a taranis I'll get something with a few more channels.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Tom I don't see why it shouldn't work, but it will limit your usable channels to 8, My TCB only uses 8 channels (Flysky i6s) at this point and I have plenty of functionality.
My hobbyking recivers are only 8 channels so in this case I'm going for the cheapest smallest one! When I eventually get a taranis I'll get something with a few more channels.
You dont need a Taranis at all, just replace the module. I have 24 channels in my 9x radio, lol
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
You dont need a Taranis at all, just replace the module. I have 24 channels in my 9x radio, lol

And I think the gadjet you showd us will work.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
I know but by the time I've done that I'm almost at taranis money, I quite fancy to see what the fuss is about
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote: My hobbyking recivers are only 8 channels so in this case I'm going for the cheapest smallest one! When I eventually get a taranis I'll get something with a few more channels.
I know but by the time I've done that I'm almost at taranis money, I quite fancy to see what the fuss is about
I paid something like 15 bucks for a module, so I am still far away from Taranis prices.

Anyway, the taranis is almost the same than the 9xr pro that you have. Well, it has more 3 pos switches, but you can replace the switches to three pos ones in your radio for next to nothing money, and unless you are taking the ASP route, the tank electronics just dont need so many switches.

The software is also basically the same.

Dont get me wrong, Taranis is a great radio, but maybe an overkill for most of tank electronics, and you already have something very very similar. No doubt Id install another module and done.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Tom, that PPM converter will work just fine.

Also, I need to turn off signatures because seeing yours after every post just about breaks my computer...
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

LukeZ wrote:Tom, that PPM converter will work just fine.

Also, I need to turn off signatures because seeing yours after every post just about breaks my computer...
Me too. Sorry Tom, but it is very very annoying. Maybe you can write all your armored division in horizontal instead of vertical.

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”