Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Board

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Re: Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Boa

Post by LukeZ »

Wow! Thanks for being so persistent, I never would have thought to look into that Windows setting. I am going to add this to the Wiki in the Troubleshooting section so we have a record of it in case such a thing happens again.

The thread you refer to on the OP Forum is this one. That is where we first discovered that some users had problems connecting using the Connect button and we created the round-about method of going through Snoop first, which you also use. We've never resolved why some people can use Connect directly and others such as yourself have to go through Snoop first, but up until you reported your problem this week we never had a case where one couldn't connect when starting from Snoop first.

So there are two issues, one is the original issue of needing to go through Snoop, and the second issue is the one you identified where even that wouldn't work because Windows was turning off the COM port apparently.

However it is possible the two issues are tangentially related. I wonder now that you have turned off power saving if you are able now to connect directly, instead of going through Snoop first?

You're also right that I made a test version for the other guy to try and he never did report back. If you want, I could make a test version for you as well. It may be better to continue that particular discussion over on the OP thread, I see you have joined so let me know over there.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

hi Luke.
just tried the OP Config again and No I still cannot log in without going through snoop first....BUT I can log in now using snoop first every time.

I have tried to log into the OP Forum but each time I try it says it timed out whilst posting...is there an issue with the forum over the last couple of days, I initially managed to register and your password worked the first time but now all I get is that it timed out whilst posting...any ideas.
cheers
Sub
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

hi Luke...

managed to log in now to the forum, appeared I was trying to log in somewhere else on it but now found correct log in place OOPs.
Sub.
Phantom0589
Recruit

Re: Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Board

Post by Phantom0589 »

Greetings) To everyone! This is my first time on the forum, I moved here from the Openpanzer project! Thank you for such a project, everything is just gorgeous) I want to repeat - my Heng long. Please tell me how to connect the DFPlayer mini MP3 (which is now sold in China) to the OPENPANZER board (Arduino Mega 2560 or, if possible, Arduino nano, but it seems to me there are not enough pins for nano).
P.S.What Mplayer Mini MP3 gives out is enough for me!
I think there is no point in registering on the OPEN PANZAR project - all the schemes and codes are free anyway!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

This question can best be answered by LukeZ in the Open Panzer Forum.
It is therefore worth registering there.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Hi Phantom, my apologies for the slow reply. To answer your question, the MP3 player will not work with the Open Panzer board. Only the sound cards listed in the Wiki are currently compatible, that is to say, the Benedini (Mini and Micro), the Taigen sound cards, and of course the Open Panzer soundcard (which is however not available for sale).
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
At3ernsberger
Recruit

Post by At3ernsberger »

Luke, please set me up, with a panzer account, and I want to help set up the boards, and get access to some as well, I have a decent solder, vacuum station, and have adequate shop space, please reply,
Eric
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Luke doesn't frequent the forums on a regular basis. You might want to create your own account and contact him there. He hasn't been on here in at least 5 days.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”