JCC Compact Recoil Units

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Jarlath
Corporal

JCC Compact Recoil Units

Post by Jarlath »

Just wondering how many RCTW tankers have purchased my recoil units from Dave @ Forgebear and Dean @ DGS Military?

The Gen 2 version has been shipped out, replacing the original with more installation options (see attached assembly manual).
I'd love your feedback.

Also looking for suggestions/options for the next gen version.
No they will not be tank specific unless commissioned (such as Dean's Firefly VC Resin Kit, Version 4.0 with recoil/IR mounting/rotation ring/etc...).
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: JCC Compact Recoil Units

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Do you mean this one?

Compact Recoil Kit for 1:16 Scale RC Tanks
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p7 ... anks_.html

Sadly I keep missing them when they're in stock.
I wasn't sure whether they would fit inside a Heng Long Sherman.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Do you mean this one?

Compact Recoil Kit for 1:16 Scale RC Tanks
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p7 ... anks_.html

Sadly I keep missing them when they're in stock.
I wasn't sure whether they would fit inside a Heng Long Sherman.
Yes. Those are my Gen 1 versions. Sadly they will not work with a Sherman/Panther/Stug rotating side elevation unit (I also heard that newer 6.0 Leopards use the side elevation unit now too, this becoming the standard?) So for those vehicles the Gen 1 will need to use servo elevation.

The newer gen 2 versions (which are on their way to Forgebear as we speak) accommodate side elevation and will be useable on Shermans, etc...
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I've been looking for a recoil unit small enough to fit inside a T34/76 turret. I have both Trumpeter turret version of the T34/76 I'm building, but I'm leery about trying to make my own unit.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

tankme wrote:I've been looking for a recoil unit small enough to fit inside a T34/76 turret. I have both Trumpeter turret version of the T34/76 I'm building, but I'm leery about trying to make my own unit.
That I cannot guarantee as I've never had an aftermarket T34/75 turret to examine. Depends where the pivot is (Similar to the T34/85 configuration)?

Some size comparisons.
Left is the original Clark recoil unit, Center is the Gen 1 JCC recoil unit, and the right is the newest Gen 2 version.
This set uses the standard rotating cam style elevation showing the "Elevation Tail" option in the JCC units.

The Gen 1 & 2 JCC units have options ofr a "Servo Tail" for a linkage driven elevation. Gen 2 can use side elevation units.
Overall length is considerably shorter without needing the longer tail for elevation.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I suppose I will have to order one to find out. Even if they don't fit in the T34/76 turret I could use them in other tanks.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I would expect the pivot to be similar to the kv1 but I have taken my t34/76 apart yet to have a look
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you Mr Jarlath, I will await the arrival of the gen 2 versions within forgebear's shop :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

nice items Jarlath

if only one of the 3D talented guys in this forum could make a recoil unit that could be used with the pivoting point beteen the trunions of a Tiger I and also have a recoil travel of 35mm i will buy it for sure!

I've only seen the clark one, but it's too expensive

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jussek wrote:nice items Jarlath

if only one of the 3D talented guys in this forum could make a recoil unit that could be used with the pivoting point beteen the trunions of a Tiger I and also have a recoil travel of 35mm i will buy it for sure!

I've only seen the clark one, but it's too expensive

best regards
its funny you mention this because i found when i did the Bergetiger conversion that the pivot point in the HL turret is too far back.
i re-drew the complete turret and when i get round to finishing it my bergetiger conversion will be a complete turret kit with pivot in correct place.
but yeah an idea for future to get a recoil unit in there with correct pivot point aswell for a normal gun arrangement
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “3D Printing”