The 3D Printer Thread

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: The 3D Printer Thread

Post by Will01Capri »

Biasphere1 wrote:WillO1capri , you have been busy, care to throw a few STL files around ? lol.
Extremely busy yeah
I need to be very clear, sorry if this doesn't come across well, but i do not share stl files for any of my models.
My wife & I run a small model business and everything we design and build is for the intention of selling thru the business.
We are happy to print and sell model kit for certain models or fully assembled models for a cost.

phpBB [video]
(prototype testing still, but almost done)
also testing and playing at same time
phpBB [video]

If you are interested by all means contact us thru WCP RC Models & Craft, my wife has an account on rctw also where she can be private messaged WCP RC MODELS

If i explain a little i design all these models for my own collection and just like designing and building things. My wife then markets these and then prints on request of others. Good partnership as it means i don't get such an ear ache if i start a new model as she can also benefit from that haha :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Will01Capri wrote: I need to be very clear, sorry if this doesn't come across well, but i do not share stl files for any of my models.
My wife & I run a small model business and everything we design and build is for the intention of selling thru the business.
We are happy to print and sell model kit for certain models or fully assembled models for a cost.
I'm 100% in agreement with you. Many people forget that the time and effort to design and setup these 3D prints in any sort of volume is huge.
Like Will, I batch print and the prints are going for hours and hours. My latest commissioned order will likely take 30-40 hours of print time for one printer. And that is without any printing/quality issues (knock on wood).

Will, your modelling skills are excellent and your printed results are phenomenal. Keep up the great work!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

WillCapri I didn't know you had a shop and were selling them. A man has to make a living.
My apologies.
Yes I will visit your shop and be a customer when I need that piece/part/anything.
well done.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Hello, i should say my wife has a small shop, WCP RC Models, but yes by all means check us out. We have many models to offer and try to add to the catalogue often, although we are a little overloaded at the moment with about 7 hundred things to do haha!

Some new old projects soon to be posted
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

A little thing for the 3D printer group
If you buy metal MN or WPL axles we have designed the parts for covers and input/output shafts for these axles aswell.
You may ask why do i need these..........well it comes from purchases on ebay which tend to leave you with axle casings and then they forget to send you the other pieces. So rather than let the axle housings be scrap, i designed the other parts to be able to use them. So will be put to use on a large truck build one day

You may also notice in the background 4 link brackets in case you want to ditch those leaf springs and make a proper 4 link setup for more offroad abuse

HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Hi,
I am not sure but I think this is the correct place for my question.

it seems next month I will have the budget to buy a 3D printer.
But the question is of course, what is a good printer..... :crazy:

as developments go quickly, I just ask it and didnt read much back.

My budget will be around 300-350 euro.
I would like to have at least a 20*25 build plate, as I would like to print some tanks my self.
Some weeks ago I already bought the STL files from 3Dprintedtanks for the T38 and the T34

Do you have any recommendations for a brand, type, additional stuff to buy to make life easier?

I would absolutely appreciate your input!
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Within your budget there is the Creality Ender 3 Max, the build volume is 300x300x340mm.
It’s very good value for the money.
Enjoy
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

midlife306 wrote:Within your budget there is the Creality Ender 3 Max, the build volume is 300x300x340mm.
It’s very good value for the money.
EnjoyImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, according to a review I read it also says it is good value for money.
I will read a bit more but seems as a good starting point to enter 3D printing!
Regards,
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

So it seems I will ask much more stupid questions in the future as I just ordered the 3D Max for a nice price :D
First week of September it should arrive....
Regards,
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Jee I bought a Creality Ender 5 + with a build plate of 350X350X 400 and sometimes I wish I went bigger.
Just saying.

Return to “3D Printing”