New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

*rakey* wrote:Hi Will,
Bad news, original stl's have been lost, which means I only have the gcode for my printer.
Options are, you wait years for me to cad one myself, I send you my gcode on a memory card, if you're a coding genius you can alter the code to suit. Or , I can print a few of these off myself and send them to a select few members such as yourself and others that can split it apart and redo it?
I would happily send a few out free of charge if you PM me where you would like them sent to.
Will print and send 6 to start with.
Cheers guys
I would love one please !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

It has taken me some time, but i have finally got round to reverse engineering the Tiger Tank engine.
So far i only have flywheel, oil can(i think that is what it is!) Carb setup and air filters.
I am splitting the engine down into individual components with small dowels so it can then be assembled and also hopefully printed with as little support as possible.

Tomorrow hopefully i will make a start on some more ancillaries and then split it down to a bare block. It seems a shame to do it, but i may have to cut the engine i was given so i can get into dimension it properly. Maybe i may also be able to CMM the block outer shape and import the point cloud if i have free time!

It is not forgotten, but for sure i can share with you guys. Just remain patient ;)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

midlife306 wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm seeing a trailer. In 1/6 scale. With a big crate on it without the top. In the crate is a scaled up version of your 16th Tiger engine. Now I wonder if they had field work trucks with all the tools to do an engine swap in the field? They must have, eh? Great, just what I need, another project. Ya got me again, Will!! (JK) :haha: :haha: :haha: :angel: :angel:

But that might make a great 16th project, a mobile repair facility. Might need a half track or two, a couple of fuel trailers ...
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welll............at least one of those types of project is on the cards, and now I have to open up F05 & fit one of these beauties under the engine hatch. :D
Its worth the pain of making the hatch open just to be able to place one of these under it !!
A Bergtiger or Panzer III is also on the cards now.
I have one of Captain Midnights lovely drive sprocket winches to go onto the same project.
Special thanks to Mr Rakey for the engines, again its a humbling feeling to have such generosity in this establishment.
Attachments
PB220036.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Good news is I am making lots of progress with the CAD model. Just assembling ancillaries today. Will share screenshots later.
Plus I may do a triple air filter version as I have seen tigers with 3 air filters. Maybe King Tiger version?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Max-U52 wrote:I I wonder if they had field work trucks with all the tools to do an engine swap in the field? They must have, eh? Great, just what I need, another project...
Google '16 ton fries crane' :shh:
crane1.JPG
crane1.JPG (54.03 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That is just too cool. I see an entire mobile motor pool! :haha: :haha: 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
*rakey*
Recruit

Post by *rakey* »

Had a quick look on Alan hambys site and it looks like the 3 air filter engine was the early 210 which was replaced with the 2 air filter 230 because it had 50hp more.
I'm assuming the dimensions were the same between the two motors?
Sorry guys, Will's piqued my ocd because my tiger is an early which means I'm pre ordering one of his 3 filter variants! Dammit, someone tell me the carb/filter setup was used on both and put me out of my misery, lol B|
If i'd of kept all the money i'd already spent,
I'd have been a millionaire a long time ago

Return to “3D Printing”