1930's Petrol Pump, thanks Wayne :)

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

1930's Petrol Pump, thanks Wayne :)

Post by Will01Capri »

I hope Wayne doesn't mind me publically saying thankyou, but he done a great job helping me with getting into 3D printing.
He also gave me a hand with a couple of parts, which he printed for me. Top marks to that man :)

I know i haven't finished detailing and making the paint really nice, but i thought i would have to share.

First of all i should explain that for all my builds i thought it would be nice to have a base or Diorama to go with them. Makes them look a little better than just sitting idle on a plain shelf! Although my house is starting to feel smaller every day!
My Diorama scenes are all built out of left over and scrap parts. I don'treally want to detract from the models that sit on them.
But something about an old Gas Station like you see in pictures with Hot Rods appealed, but also wouldn't look right withough a pump.

I looked online and decided to go 1930s period and set about something old skool.
No petrol pump models exist, so with help of photos on Google i built a simple CAD model at lunchtime whilst at work.
Wayne kindly printed this for me, this ultimately got me hooked!

ImageMore Diorama scenes taking shape :) by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageMore Diorama scenes taking shape :) by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageBit more paint for petrol station by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageBit more paint for petrol station by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

CAD
ImagePPump by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Inspiration
Image9837d727819eafcb6e0fcb9a8ef4448b by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageDiorama coming along nicely by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

:) Love this picture
ImageDiorama coming along nicely by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

So now need to make a nozzle up and feed hose. Then finish detailing and weathering up the pump. Suppose i should finish the station aswell. So need to make a counter and stuff for sale and doors and windows etc. A model in itself
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “3D Printing”