Servo recoil for Tamiya tanks.

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Servo recoil for Tamiya tanks.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi everyone. I dont like the stock recoil units in the Tamiya tanks, and I would like to replace it with a servo recoil. With the radio I can program the servo to, when pressing the triger, have a ultra fast recoil and then a slow back to th original position.

The think is I could scratch build something, but it wont be clean. Due to all the tamiya recoil units are the same, I wonder if any of you have 3D designed a servo mount that just bolts in.

Due to I have no 3D pringer, I would order a couple of units if they ghave a reasonable price, lol.

Thank you!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Rad_Schuhart

Re: Servo recoil for Tamiya tanks.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Up!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Why not cut up the tamiya recoil? Remove the gears, cut the back off and attach a servo.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:Why not cut up the tamiya recoil? Remove the gears, cut the back off and attach a servo.
Hi Tom, I have seen your servo mod in your tamiya unit, and looked great, but I prefer to put a small plastic servo mount that just bolts in. It will be less bulky. I already have too many wires and things inside the turret (hidden battle system, two turret machine guns, searchlight...), so I prefer to keep the things to a minimum. Also I think a proper printed servo mount will last longer and will work smoother than something that I could scratchbuild.

Not counting that also somebody could be interested in buying my tamiya recoil units!

So I am sure somebody has designed it, or will do it very soon!
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I did that to my T-55 recoil. The Hooben unit is a knock off of a Tamiya recoil but I found it very unreliable so I removed the gear, replaced the motor with a servo and attached the arm directly to the slider. It works a treat now and has a more realistic looking action than any stock Tamiya I've seen.

Return to “3D Printing”