Rathaus

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Rathaus

Post by midlife306 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
midlife306 wrote:Yep it’s taking a while, I’ve broken it’s back though now, a 6 wheel Merc will be the next projectImage
Cheers
Wayne
I do love your enthusiasm Wayne Image
It’s justified though, by a country mile it’s the best looking model I’ve ever found on Thingiverse Image
I just hope I can get it to print, wall thicknesses may be an issue, I may have to use “make it printable”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Rathaus

Post by Max-U52 »

midlife306 wrote:Hehe Gary, yes we also walk on the pavement & have bonnets & boots on our carsImage
Cheers
Wayne

Hey, I'm just glad you guys finally stopped calling cigarettes fags. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, I proper like this forum

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I read that you have persuaded Kevin to adjust his building to a 5 window upper floor. :D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The rathaus files are an ongoing project and every time Kevin makes an update or Improvement he sends the new STL files to everyone that has purchased them. Considering that the original set of files was only $5 I think that's pretty damn cool.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

It was nice of Kevin to mention that I'd twisted his arm a bit lol
For me a town hall should be a big imposing building, the more windows the better & the side entrance & windows is a real bonus, he's a real top bloke is Kevin
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

After another update from Kevin, I’ve now got both upper corners & the spacers below.
Originally the idea was to mount the bottom of the top floor broken window frames directly on the top edge of some 12mm MDF, Kevin has had a rethink now & is designing some 60mm high spacers so that all the 3D printed parts are robust when glued together. Well it makes sense to me lol
I’m going for a 3 floor building, 4 windows on ground floor, 5 windows (including a bay window) on the first floor & 5 windows on the second floor.
With help from Kevin I’ll also be putting some windows down one side & a “tradesman’s’ entrance, ohh err Matron

This pic should make some sense of the front..
Howeveras usual, nothing is firmed up yet so I’d welcome any ideas or improvements Image
Cheers
Wayne

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And Kevin has created a special Rathaus Builder's Forum where you can ask questions and even request changes to the files. For example, I asked Kevin if he could do the side steps without the damage so I could use them on multiple buildings and he was kind enough to hook me right up. If you want a really cool backdrop to take photos of your tanks and you have a 3D printer I really advise you pop for the five bucks (3.50 in pounds sterling) and get the files. I plan to use these pieces all over my next village, hopefully the summer of '19. Anyway, the link to the rathaus forum

http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum1/view ... ?f=58&t=63

Hope that helps. :wave:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Gary, I’ve joined Kevin’s forum to show him some support for the work he is doing for us, I need to sort some image hosting so I can post pics on there though.
Cheers
Wayne

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It looks as though you can upload images direct there the same as here by using the attachments option.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “3D Printing”