Looking to get a printer anyone?

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Looking to get a printer anyone?

Post by Woz »

I was looking at printers for my mate and came across this-

https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d ... gLPjfD_BwE

Specs look pretty good. Hot bed so it's almost ready for ABS.

Can't believe how cheap these thing are nowadys.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Looking to get a printer anyone?

Post by wibblywobbly »

They are cheap, I've seen similar at £99??

The postman called yesterday and dropped off a Creality CR-10 from China. It took me about an hour to assemble the two sections, level the bed and get it running, no auto levelling, just did it manually and I never looked at the instructions once. I did two tests to check the Z height, and adjusted it on the LCD by 0.2mm. I then printed three top brackets for my Delta printer which were over 3 hours each today. Just smeared a glue stick on the glass bed and hit print. It has a heated bed, but I will never use it, and a glass bed.

They are complex parts and had to be identical and accurate. I was gobsmacked at the quality, no lifting or warping, I used Cura 2.7, first time I ever used that, so the configuration was a guess, but support material simply peeled off effortlessly, and everything was pin sharp. Horizontal holes were round, and so were horizontal cone shapes. Way better than the stock ones that came with the Delta and stronger too.

The printer comes with around 0.5kg of white pla, a spool holder, full toolkit of allen wrenches, screwdriver, a pair of snips, cable ties, spare allen bolts, and a usb stick. It all oozes quality and is as solid as a rock.

300x300x400 print bed too??

These things are selling like hot cakes, now I know why!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I will get one if you can guarantee me it will print out a Kelly LeBrock out of Weird Science :haha: :haha: :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I will get one if you can guarantee me it will print out a Kelly LeBrock out of Weird Science :haha: :haha: :wtf:
:haha:

Return to “3D Printing”