1/16 Tamiya figures

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
NAB
Corporal

1/16 Tamiya figures

Post by NAB »

I was asked if I could post some pictures of the 1/16 scale figures I had painted when I was 14/15ish, 20 years ago! (Feel old lol)
I will post one as a photo quality test and if it's ok I will post the others.
If it's not ok I will try and find another way of uploading

ThanksImageImage

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
NAB
Corporal

Re: 1/16 Tamiya figures

Post by NAB »

Photo quality was ok so here's the rest.

I would like to get some tips how to improve and wether them if possible please

ThanksImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Forgot this guy.

Also I recently did the American tank figure that came with the Abrams. I tested some mig ammo black wash on him. Not sure I'm that satisfied with him especially the face. The flesh paint I used was a 20 year old Tamiya and I think it had gone funny! (Since bought new)

I started on the King Tiger commander but again the white had gone funny and I'm not happy with the base coat on the face. Is there a way to remove this?ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

There's a great deal of advice here on RCTW on painting figures, in this section as well as elsewhere. More is online, especially YouTube, and books abound. I pick a trick here and there and also develop my own—nothing special. Your Tamiya figures will benefit just from repainting the faces and hands. The rest looks pretty good.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi NAB,

As a continuation of Herr professor's post you can buy flesh tone paint sets which have all the different shades of colours that you would need in one set. These can be very useful to add definition to the different areas of the face by painting highlights and shadows etc, you do not need to use every colour from the set just the particular one's you need for whatever figure you are doing. Another little tip is to thin down your paint with thinners or flow improver as it will then go on much smoother and you can build up the different tones then without them becoming to thick, hope this may be of some help :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Nab,

Lots of skill for such a young age! Steady hands too! Are they still as steady? Nice work from your "youth"! :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

EAO wrote:Nab,

Lots of skill for such a young age! Steady hands too! Are they still as steady? Nice work from your "youth"! :clap: Image

Cheers,
Eric.
Thanks. Im sure after a bit more practice I can get back to the detail level. The American tank guy was done a few days ago and I think I got the detail quite well. The paint was not in the best condition so it was more difficult.
I think I just lacked the knowledge back then to weather them and also properly give faces depth. Something I'm hoping to learn now.

Return to “Scale Figures”