Tamiya figures

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Tamiya figures

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Grandsons gave me one each for Christmas along with a load of 1/35 models from the wife. Going to be a long job painting them. The arthritis in the base of both my thumbs are causing me an issue, some evenings I even drop my iPad, the wife looks at me with daggers then.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya figures

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have arthritis in my knees. I have found that a daily dose of turmeric is a great help. I have a number of Tamiya figures. Which ones do you have?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Wehrmacht tank crewman and the German machine gunner. I will get some more later, am checking out different manufacturers to see what is available, need to make up some grey green colour for the uniform (field grey). If my friend Otto was still alive I could ask him about the SS Regiment that he served with, Gerhard wasn’t too much to get information from as he was Luftwaffe and captured early, he served his time out in the UK.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I too have ol' Arty in the base of both thumbs. I use something that was Prescription but can now be bought over the counter: Diclofenac gel. Works great on taking the swelling and pain out and restoring motion to the joints. Beats taking oral medication when something fast is needed.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Found out I am unable to use gels that are reported to ease joint pains, even ibrufen doesn’t work, the doctor gave me codeine but I try not to take them as they are opioids. Only use them as a last resort.

Return to “Scale Figures”