Found by accident

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Found by accident

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I don’t know if there’s much interest for figures here but I will share anyway. I was browsing eBay today looking for some ammo crates and the like to fill my truck when I can across a uk based seller of 1/16th scale figures.

Naturally I had me a look at the offering and was quite surprised at what I saw. Not only was the price cheaper than anyone else I have seen making these figures but they are all full sized and free standing.

So I thought so far so good let’s see what others are on offer other than the us para sporting a Thompson. Though the pallet is quite small at the moment I was impressed to find various offering largely British world war 2 consisting of infantry troops sas figures and a couple of tank crew figures.

A also noticed some falklands commandos and 1 lonely ss tank commander.

So naturally I have ordered myself to start with and as a sample to share photos of a British ww2 tank commander stood holding a sten.
He cost me £12.98 including postage so for those interested and with permission from the powers that be I would like to share the eBay name of the individual and will put up photos when the figure comes
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute

Re: Found by accident

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Correction on the price. He cost me £12.99 plus £3.99 uk p+p
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

There is no problem in posting an ebay link to a product which is what I suggest you do, rather than just his name. As you say, the figures are different from the usual ones. Some of them look better than others. If the kneeling para were to fire his rifle like that he would have a very sore arm and a massive bruise! It would be good to see photos of your actual purchase rather than just the ones on ebay. Makes you wonder what else is out there. The figures took a bit of searching for. They did not come up on a generic 1/16 scale figures search.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I use the eBay app rather than the website so can’t give the link just the seller name. What I have noticed is all the British have the same face. But for the price that doesn’t bother me any.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

In the eBay app
Top right hand corner hit the 3 dots
Hit share
Hit copy link
Then paste hereImage

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133479459166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

These are likely Chinese made copies, they are common. Expect to get the figures in a ziplock bag, no box, brand or picture. They are for builders, not really for collectors or resellers. Molding us usually good. Ebay seller notonlybuy has a wide listing and ships them with Speedpak. The figures make it to America in 2-3 weeks instead of 2-3 months like some other vendors.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=1 ... +&_sacat=0
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for this :thumbup:

I would however be very interested whether these figures are 1/16th scale or the 120mm collector size, because they shouldn't be advertised as both as they are in his description.

Therefore, your mission, should you accept it, would be to measure the height of your commander from head to foot please.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I will let you know when min comes I would hope the base is what adds the extra height but we shall soon find out
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Nice!
i have never seen these before.

Return to “Scale Figures”