Verlinden WW2 US Army Medic

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Verlinden WW2 US Army Medic

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I picked this up for a reasonable price, thinking it would make a useful addition to accompany Rob's ambulance on our battlefield.
IMG_20171025_165730_resized_20171025_045941870.jpg
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Re: Verlinden WW2 US Army Medic

Post by Artyfist »

Great!
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Alfa Three Five
Private

Post by Alfa Three Five »

I love it and Verlinden's figure are always doing the job!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have loved Francois Verlinden's figures since the 1970s, when he was "just" an amateur making 54mm Napoleonic figures. He is a real artist. It is a shame that when he retired and his company shut down that all the moulds were destroyed, though I can understand his reasoning. What is available now is all there will ever be. Sadly, this has been reflected in the prices that some are selling for.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Post by rolling-thunder »

I've just taken delivery of a box of 4 Verlinden Tank crew, I just had to have them even though they cost £91 from the States.
I am the Law!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

rolling-thunder wrote:I've just taken delivery of a box of 4 Verlinden Tank crew, I just had to have them even though they cost £91 from the States.
If you need any more I've the 4 and 3 man panther crews and the winter German crew!
Last edited by tomhugill on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Post by rolling-thunder »

tomhugill wrote: If you need ant more I've the4 and 3 man panther crews and the winder German crew!
I think i'm going to have to stop spending for a while :haha: until I financially recover but I will remember your offer Tom s soon as i'm ready :D
I am the Law!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

tomhugill wrote:
rolling-thunder wrote:I've just taken delivery of a box of 4 Verlinden Tank crew, I just had to have them even though they cost £91 from the States.
If you need any more I've the 4 and 3 man panther crews and the winter German crew!
Can you post pics of them please mate.........
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
Can you post pics of them please mate.........
Here you go Herman, sotck photos as I'm headed to work but they're the same ones.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I have loved Francois Verlinden's figures since the 1970s, when he was "just" an amateur making 54mm Napoleonic figures. He is a real artist. It is a shame that when he retired and his company shut down that all the moulds were destroyed, though I can understand his reasoning. What is available now is all there will ever be. Sadly, this has been reflected in the prices that some are selling for.
I also used to admire his work, especially in the armour Builds he did.
Your medic is a great example of the living soldier he is famous for and you have executed hthe image really well.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Scale Figures”