Machine gun soldier.

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Re: Machine gun soldier.

Post by siegfried »

very nice job, well done
pete the noob
Recruit

Post by pete the noob »

Yes Very nice job and thanks for photo's showing comparison size. 1set of six 1/18 figures now ordered.
Thanks again Guys. Regards Pete
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I can't understand why Rad isn't fully pleased with it? And I don't understand what difference using enamels made?

What annoys me is people advertise 120mm figures as 16th scale, and they're not, they are nearly 6mm taller. So if you want to use 18th scale because they're in abundance, the 120 figures tower over them. And my trouble is, I don't know enough about the makes to feel confident ordering 16th scale online.

Mick.
Hi mate, thanks for your kind words... Im not a paints expert, but the enamels seems to be thicker, takes much more time to dry, and seems to be harder to get good results. At least at my hands. No mention that its toxic too, and the small paint cants are a pain in the ass to open and close. Also the paints and the thinner wears the brushes too.

The good thing about them its we dont need a primer and are quite cheap.

About the 120mm figures, I've read plenty of times that they are 1.15 scale. Definitelly if you put a 1:18 scale with a 120mm one, you can definitelly see the difference.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Scale Figures”