Heng Long M4A3 Sherman w/ 105mm

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Lert
Sergeant

Heng Long M4A3 Sherman w/ 105mm

Post by Lert »

Got a package in the mail today. No surprises, just an unboxing to show new people what they can expect when they order a Heng Long tank.

Familiar white box:

No surprises inside either:

There's more bits and stowage in here than fits in the small bits box, more than I've seen on any other HL tank I have. T90 probably has more though.

Generation 4 dual sound electronics:

Never had a Li-Ion battery before. Huh, different charging plug and main plug. Anything I need to know about how to properly use / charge it?

Tank bits and tools attached, optional 'put it anywhere' stowage shown separately:

(There's a small casting error on the right back corner of the tank, but I can fix this with plasticard and putty)

Optional stowage consists of:

- Two non-descript brown crates
- Two .30 cal ammo cans
- Two .50 cal ammo cans
- Three backpacks
- Two smaller, rectangular personal packs
- One oil can
- One jerry can
- One helmet
- Two spare VVSS road wheels
- A piece of non-functional, decorative four-link spare track

I'm more or less planning to remodel this into Oddball's Sherman from Kelly's Heroes. For this I need to rebarrel to 76mm and replace the mantlet in kind, repaint the tank, scratch-build stowage and try to get my hands on a figure I can make into Oddball himself.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long M4A3 Sherman w/ 105mm

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Those Shermans are solid runners. They are still one of the best tanks that Heng Long puts out. There are a couple of Oddball Sherman threads here in the Forum history if you want to look them up. It will be great to follow your take on this build.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

My winter Sherman is a bog standard Sherman with a 75mm gun and mantlet and an elmod. Runs beautifully and all for around £350.

Good starting tank!
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Hi I am just thinking about getting into this hobby. Will follow your Odd Ball build.
If you were not going to do that particular conversion would you leave it as straight from the box?
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Hi everyone.

With some advice from a few on here (especially Son of a Gun-ner ) just before Christmas I ordered a HL Sherman, looked on RM tracker this morning and it was in Sheffield , 0830 text from partner to say large box has arrived or you.
Home from work this afternoon I already had a charged battery so it was open the box, in with some AA's and try out my Sherman.
Impressed with it. runs and sounds good.
Really pleased it has arrived for me to take to Grantham on Sunday, then it will be upgrade time.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Always happy to help Mr Bill :thumbup:

Bet you got it cheaper than you originally expected too ;)

These Heng Long ones are great little tanks, got three myself, plus a modified one, and bits to make two more :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

essexbill wrote: Home from work this afternoon I already had a charged battery so it was open the box, in with some AA's and try out my Sherman.
Impressed with it. runs and sounds good.
Really pleased it has arrived for me to take to Grantham on Sunday, then it will be upgrade time.
Nice! Congratulations. She's a good little tank.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6

Return to “Unboxing”